2013 GMC Sierra 1500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Sierra 1500:

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Oct 202016

Sierra 1500 8-cyl

My dashboard has a crack that appeared today that's located on the top left corner of my passenger side airbag. I called GM today and told them of the situation and they stated that they're aware of these cracks however there isn't a recall due to it not being a safety issue while driving. The GM lady asked me how many miles are on my truck so I told her it only has 29,204 miles and I'm the original first owner and bought my truck brand new from the dealer. She then stated that the truck is already over the 36 month / 36,000 mile warranty therefore it's not covered for a free dashboard replacement. Can someone at the NHTSA please help me out or point me in the right direction so I can get this problem resolved. Thanks in advance.

- Houston, TX, USA

Sep 182016

Sierra 1500

2013 GMC siera15004wd it has been garage kept and hand washed! the dash is cracked over the steri G wheel and the passengers side airbag! this can't be safe! not to mention it just turned to 40000 miles! and! the paint will chip off if so much as a fly hits it! and the paint on the roof has bubbles it! and they say it's hail damage! reallly on just that part of the truck? I will never purchase another GMC ( although me and my husband purchased 2 new ones within 6 months) they are cheaply made and expensive to buy! they should be banned from selling such junk! and they made the mo ey now they are double dipping maki G all these people fix these wretched dashes on new vechicles! shame on you!! and when your bankrupt from injuries due to your negligence it will be a blessing!!!

- Hernando, MS, USA

Jul 152016

Sierra 1500

Dash broke at the air bag, if it was to deploy will send sharp pieces of plastic at the driver and passenger.

- Porter, TX, USA

Jul 282016

Sierra 1500

I have a couple cracks on my dashboard around the passenger airbag. I asked the dealer to replace it for free. They want to charge me 300 dollars.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Aug 012016

Sierra 1500

Dashboard cracked in several places near front passenger airbags

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Jul 192016

Sierra 1500

The contact owned a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500. While driving on the highway and making a left turn, the contact's vehicle was struck on the front passenger side by an oncoming vehicle driving 67 mph. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact was injured and received medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed to a wrecking yard. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 97,000.

- Muskogee, OK, USA

Jul 192016

Sierra 1500

The contact owned a 2013 GMC Sierra 1500. While making a left turn onto the highway, another vehicle traveling 67 mph crashed into the rear passenger side of the contact's vehicle. The contact mentioned that the vehicle spun around and was stopped by a curb. The air bags failed to deploy. A police report was filed. The contact became unconscious as a result of the crash and sustained a laceration to the head, bruises to the neck, back, and hips, which required medical attention. The vehicle was destroyed and towed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 100,000.

- Muskogee, OK, USA

Jun 072016

Sierra 1500

Safety issue with cracks in the dashboard in the upper left portion of the passenger side airbag. If the airbag goes off, either in accident or in error, parts of the dashboard will dislodge and be a danger to the occupants.

- Killeen, TX, USA

Jul 102016

Sierra 1500

The dash formed a crack starting from the passenger airbag I am worried if the airbag was to deploy it would cause the dash to break, shooting pieces throughout the truck and cause more damage than it would normally cause without a crack.

- Garland, TX, USA

Jan 072016

Sierra 1500

There is a crack on the dash around the passenger airbag, my concern is in an accident if the dash will become shrapnel if the airbags go off.

- Escondido, CA, USA