5.6

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 242016

Sierra 1500

Intermittently, when applying the brakes to stop for a red light, the engine wants to keep the vehicle going at the same speed and fights the brake so the vehicle cannot stop. Shifting the gear shift into neutral allows the brakes to work but the engine RPM revs up to 2500 RPM for about 15 seconds before dropping to idle. If the driver didn't apply the brakes hard enough or shift into neutral, the vehicle would overpower the brakes and drive into anything ahead. Analogy: It acts as if the cruise control was on (and it's not) and tried to keep the same forward speed no matter the brake application. Dealer cannot reproduce the problem, no alert warning light. Some times, going at highway speed, taking foot off accelerator and expecting vehicle to start slowing down, it stays at same speed for about 15 seconds before dropping rpms. This has been happening, intermittently, for a few months.

- Hollis, NH, USA

Aug 012014

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2014 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that while driving the gear shifted into neutral inadvertently and caused the vehicle to abruptly accelerate. The contact also stated the vehicle consumed the engine oil prematurely and exhibited electrical failure with the windows opening and closing independently and the headlights failed to illuminate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer several times for the failures however; the dealer advised there was nothing they could do to repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified F the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 8,000.

- Charlstown, NH, USA

Jan 012015

Sierra 1500

Mark porter GM superstore in pomeroy, oh sold me a new truck with unresolved recalls in December 2014, one being GM recall 14192. The engine in my truck failed on January 1, 2015, and the recalls were disclosed to me when the truck was towed in for repair, approximately 2 weeks after purchase. The aforementioned safety recall is in reference to a potential transfer case selector malfunction. After repair of the recall, I had a malfunction of the transfer case selector, except it became stuck in 4 wheel drive, instead of shifting to neutral. I had also been experiencing issues with the cruise control, which I asked them to address while it was in there for the 4 wheel drive selector problem. The service dept reset the 4WD selector again, and told me that my cruise control issue was related to the 4WD issue. I still have issues with the cruise control, and have requested a buy back. It has been approximately 5 weeks since I informed them that I feel my vehicle is unsafe, and nobody has made any effort to help at all. I would like to return my vehicle for a full refund, as well as I would like to see the dealership fined for selling me a vehicle with an unresolved safety recall. I feel this is unacceptable on their behalf.

- Point Pleasant, WV, USA