2. purchased aftermarket hid (1 reports)
2014 GMC Sierra 1500 lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Sierra 1500:

2014 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 202013

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L V8

Projector headlamp is a focused display of light but not very bright (have had other GM vehicles with same issue) and installed HID replacement bulbs which made the headlamps brighter. Installed HID for both headlamp and fog lamp that not only giver a brighter light display but is closer to the white light given off by the LED display above and below the projector headlamp assembly.

- , Cobourg, Ontario, canada

Apr 042014

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.4L

The headlights on my 2014 sierra are simply terrible and is scary to drive at night. It is especially bad when its snowing and wet pavement. The low beams are bad and The high beams are a joke. They light up signs miles down the road and thats about it. If it wasnt for the reflection off the sign you wouldnt know you had switch to high beam. You can barely tell the difference between high and low beam. This is very dangerous and I don't know what to do. I have had it to the dealership 3 times to have them set and each time its worse. What do I do? Previous to this truck I had a 2007 silverado ltz and the headlights were 1000 times better. The last time i had them set the dealer said if this doesnt work then youll have to find some after market light that is better. What a waste of money. I wish I had my 2007 back

- , Prince Albert, Sask, canada

Nov 012014

Sierra 1500 SLT 5.3L

I HAVE OWNED 343 VEHICLES AND MY 2014 GMC SIERRA 1500 SLT HAS THE ABSOLUTE WORSE HEADLIGHTS I HAVE EVER HAD. THEY LIGHT UP THE ROAD 36 FEET IN FRONT OF THE VEHICLE. YOU CAN OUTDRIVE YOUR HEADLIGHTS AT 5 MPH. I BOUGHT THE GMC INSTEAD OF CHEVY BECAUSE I LIKED THE LED HEADLIGHT TRIM. BIG MISTAKE. I SINCE DROVE A CHEVY WITH PROJECTOR LOW BEAMS AND SEPARATE HIGH BEAMS AND THEY ARE FINE. I HAVE A UTV THAT HAS BETTER HEADLIGHTS THAN MY $50,000 TRUCK (2014 MOSSIMO 600). HAD TRUCK TO THE DEALER NUMEROUS TIMES. NOW THEY HAVE AIMED THE HEADLIGHTS UP (SO SHINE OUT FURTHER) BUT THEY ARE DIM, HAVE VERY POOR SIDE COVERAGE AND NOW MY HIGHBEAMS ARE ABOUT 35 FEET UP IN THE TREES.. THESE ARE HIR BULBS AND SUPPOSEDLY THERE IS NO AFTERMARKET BULB LIKE A SYLVANIA ULTRA THAT WILL FIT. VERY POOR LIGHT DISPERSION AND VERY, VERY DIM LIGHT. LIKE A MODEL T WITH A COUPLE OF OIL LANTERNS ON THE FRONT OF IT. I WOULD NOT BUY A GMC. I TOLD GM TODAY THAT THEY EITHER FIX IT AND THE OTHER PROBLEMS (BLUETOOTH, VIBRATIONS) OR THEY CAN HAVE IT BACK. THIS IS A DEFINITE SAFETY HAZARD. BAD, BAD HEADLIGHTS. I GUESS I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE. I HAVE READ HUNDREDS OF PAGES OF COMPLAINTS CONCERNING THESE LIGHTS. MAYBE IT IS TIME NHTSA GETS INVOLVED.

- , Maryville, TN, USA

Jan 012014

Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L

The focused beam headlights on my new gmc light up road signs miles down the road but do not light the road within 100 yards of the truck. If raining or snowing (I live in michigan's UP so its always snowing) visibility is poor to the point of being dangerous. I took the truck to two dealers and was told by the first that I would just have to get used to it. The second said GM was working on a fix but no solutions yet. Neither adjusted the elevation, they said it would not help. I avoid driving it at night for safety and think for 40 grand plus that is unacceptable.

- , Pickford, MI, USA