2015 GMC Sierra 1500 fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jul 302015

Sierra 1500

When accelerating on an incline or hill or trying to pass traffic on the interstate the truck hesitates or stutters. This seems to happen when applying light acceleration. It almost feels like the transmission is having difficulty finding the correct gear. This is apparent to both driver and passengers. This has occurred since the truck was new and seems to be getting worse. The truck currently has 13,000 miles.

- Bow, NH, USA

Aug 292015

Sierra 1500

Driving my new 2015 GMC $52,000 GMC Sierra, I noticed a distinct slipping/hesitation/general roughness when accelerating from a dead stop. The truck seemed to either have a transmission or engine problem. Took it back to dealership for them to check, and they indicated that this was "normal" and it was just the "cylinder deactivation" feature performing as designed. I explained to them that cylinder deactivation only typically happens at highway speeds and especially not from a stand still. They stuck by their story and again stated this was normal. My son came to see me and drove my new truck. Of course the truck hesitated and slipped from a dead start. "what's wrong with your new truck dad?" he asked. I told him it was 'normal and he just rolled his eyes. This is not normal for every Sierra that GMC makes with the 5.3 engine and 6 speed transmission would do this. I have read on numerous message boards and websites where this is an issue and GM needs to fix the problem. Also, the headlights are extremely dim and are barely usable. As others have stated, I can only see maybe 20-30 feet in front of me and not very bright at that.

- Eatonton, GA, USA

Aug 052015

Sierra 1500

Within 46 hours of purchasing this brand new truck had 19 miles at purchase) it broke down on me and my kids. We had stopped at a stop light, pulled away and made a left hand turn once the light turned green. We all heard a weird noise come from the rear end of the truck. The traction light came on, the check engine light came on and the truck started running very rough with no acceleration power. I was able to pull into a parking lot. The traction light went off but the check engine light remained on. I turned the truck of and on again. Still ran very rough, stuttering on acceleration and stalled....all with the check engine light still on. Call GM roadside assistance. They got a tow out to pick up the truck in 2 hours. It was returned back to the dealership where I bought it. Two days later they felt that it was the fuel injection system and replace the parts. They called again to let me know that even with the repairs the truck is still running rough but no longer stalling. They were unsure what will need to be done to repair it but would get back to me. Now we're at 12 days, still no repair, still no repaired "new" truck.

- Rancho Cucamonga, CA, USA

Apr 272015

Sierra 1500

Since GM transmission software recall, truck is continually slipping in all gears, non and partial engagement of gearbox, very sloppy gear changes. This is a major safety issue, while operating on the freeways of southern California. Headlights are not within safety standards for lumens as per government headlight standards.this is a safety issue, dealership is at a loss, since GM has not given a fix or replacement for this problem.

- Huntington Beach, CA, USA