NHTSA — Unknown Or Other Problems

5.6

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 202016

Sierra 1500

On Tuesday, December 20th 2016 at approximately 7:15pm while driving South on new river road in Lincoln ri I tried to make a left turn onto a side street. When I turned the steering wheel left it was snatched out of my hands and the steering wheel automatically turned back to center it self. I could not manuver the vehicle as it rolled up onto the sidewalk where I had to use the emergency brake to force the vehicle from rolling into a tree. The vehicle dic displayed "park assist" and afterwards the vehicle went completely dead...no lights or sounds when I tried turning the key to restart it. Lifted up the hood and all the electronics came back on and vehicle started. Dic prompt displayed "open and then close the driver side window" had vehicle taken to dealer for service.

- Providence, RI, USA

Jan 112016

Sierra 1500

Brought in my 2015 GMC 1500 Sierra truck in for vibrations issues at high speed of 70-75 mph. After 4 attempts GMC Corp refuses to admit that there is a safety issues in driving this vehicle at a normal rate. They continue to remove and replace the tires. I have never owned a vehicle before that such vibration is felt in the cabin of the truck, passenger seat, foot petal, etc.that is so uncomfortable, that my wife refuse to drive in the truck due to its safety. GMC will not acknowledge any of these complaints but will say everything is of specs. Like others this is the worse vehicle I have ever purchased. Found more complaints like this has been filed, but same result, GMC will do nothing.

- Waveland, MS, USA

May 142015

Sierra 1500

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 has a vibration problem. Been in shop 2 times so far wheels and tires balanced. Still the vehicles vibrates at speeds 77 and up at 85 you cant stand to be in vehicle have drove on new pavement, interstate, changed lanes still no change. I have a video on this as well as a lot of videos on U tube to show vibration at highway spends this is a problem on 2014 and 2015 and the dealership and GM states this is normal but will not give you that in writing they state they all do it.

- Brookhaven, MS, USA