2015 GMC Sierra 1500 steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Dec 202016

Sierra 1500

On Tuesday, December 20th 2016 at approximately 7:15pm while driving South on new river road in Lincoln ri I tried to make a left turn onto a side street. When I turned the steering wheel left it was snatched out of my hands and the steering wheel automatically turned back to center it self. I could not manuver the vehicle as it rolled up onto the sidewalk where I had to use the emergency brake to force the vehicle from rolling into a tree. The vehicle dic displayed "park assist" and afterwards the vehicle went completely dead...no lights or sounds when I tried turning the key to restart it. Lifted up the hood and all the electronics came back on and vehicle started. Dic prompt displayed "open and then close the driver side window" had vehicle taken to dealer for service.

- Providence, RI, USA

Oct 012016

Sierra 1500

Steering rack makes a loud clunking/clicking noise when turning in either direction.

- Theodore, AL, USA

Jun 212016

Sierra 1500

I am in receipt of the paperwork concerning the above claimed for my vehicle. The paperwork in my possession clearly states that farmers insurance has made me aware that my vehicle ¿has been determined to be a total loss¿. I am concerned about these findings since it seemed my vehicle only suffered minor damages to the exterior only. Airbags where not deployed nor any windows shattered. I am also in receipt of the paperwork concerning my claim and determining I am 51% at fault towards the accident. I clearly gave my side of the story to the police office that my steering wheel had locked and I was unable to maneuver the vehicle. I was not under the influence of any drugs so I feel mechanical failure should be assessed. Supplemental information was also sent to me where it clearly states recall notices for my vehicle. Recall notice NHTSA campaign id # 14V719000, dated by the manufacturer November 10, 2014 states a recall notice naming the steering as the component needing to be replaced. I never received any information from the manufacturer GMC/Chevrolet concerning this matter. Upon review of this letter, please also take into consideration the recalls that you have provided me and reconsider pursuing of subrogation from a third party, I.e. GMC/Chevrolet manufacturer.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 072016

Sierra 1500

The contact owns a 2015 GMC Sierra 1500. The contact stated that while driving at 2 mph, the steering wheel fractured from the vehicle. As a result, the contact crashed into a concrete post and the air bags failed to deploy. The contact sustained left hand injuries that did not require medical attention. A police report was not filed. The vehicle was towed away from the crash scene to a dealer who diagnosed that the connection point at steering wheel column needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 14,000.

- Frankston, TX, USA