6.6

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Sierra 1500:

2015 GMC Sierra 1500 Owner Comments

Jun 022016

Sierra 1500

Truck shakes at hi-way speed. Replaced tires as told by dealer and road force balance and had no effect on the shaking.

- S.Easton, MA, USA

May 172016

Sierra 1500

First of all the headlights are very dim and at night cannot see nothing.dealer said it is what is.very bad !! also my Sierra on window sticker states comes with all terrain tires it does not have all terrain tires. They are 265/65/R18 Goodyear Wrangler sra.I worked for Goodyear and those tires are all season !!! not all terrain as specified on window sticker !! I talked to dealer and called customer service at GM they never call back and they said those are the right tires.they are not according to my attorney who states the window sticker is totally incorrect and is fraudulent check your tires and window stickers and compare and look on goodyears website you will see.also my transmission clunks and knocks and shifts incorrectly dealer states its normal I spend 40K on a new truck and all I have are problems and GM does nothing. It downshifts horrible what can I do"?"

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 302016

Sierra 1500

Within one year of purchasing this vehicle, and occurring numerous times over the course of 15,000 miles, this vehicle suddenly and without warning completely lost control in wet conditions. Vehicle was always operated with all safety mechanisms including traction control on. Vehicle was always operated at or below the posted speed limits and well below speed limits in wet conditions. Accelerating from a stop and turning onto roads either from a stop sign or red light, the vehicle repeatedly spun 90 to 180 degrees for no reason. The vehicle also on several occasions completely lost control laterally and slid sideways as if on ice; sometimes in traffic and fortunately no damage or injury occurring. Vehicle has been to the dealer with tires and suspension found to be within limits. Since no individual component was defective either the vehicle, tires, or the combination must be intrinsically unsafe. GM customer care was contacted and case 8-2311352535 opened. GM will not perform any action or replace tires since they cannot duplicate the loss of control on dry roads. GM's official response to me was to take the vehicle to the dealer during a rain storm and with one of their techs in the vehicle, I was to replicate my problem for them to witness. GM's official response to me, including customer care consultant and dealer service manager working through his district manager, was to intentionally make the vehicle lose control on a public road. This seems completely irresponsible and potentially criminally to me should any property damage or injury occur as a result. I have replaced the tires at my own expense of nearly $1000 on a nearly new $50K+ truck in order to drive safely.

- New Egypt, NJ, USA