$3,000.00

2. replace brake lines (1 reports)
2002 GMC Sierra 2500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Sierra 2500:

2002 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments

Oct 012013

Sierra 2500 SLE 6.6L Diesel

GM claims that brake lines are failing due to lack of maintenance. Mechanic (GM Certified) told me that the metal couplers were catalyzing with the metal lines.....causing the lines to rust....inside out. So where in the maintenance manual does it say to inspect steel brake lines? This faulty design has already been reported - affects all 99-2002 1500/2500 frames. GM has skated by and the government will not lift a hand to find them guilty.

- , Springfield, VA, USA

Sep 042012

Sierra 2500 V8

My brake line rusted out on the underside of my truck. My mechanic advised this should never have happen. He feels GMC used cheap materials. I have much older vehicles and I have never in my history of owning a vehicle had the brake line rust out under my vehicle. I almost had a serious accident because of this. I saw a similar problem on this site. GMC definitely should look into this matter and issue a recall. There could be serious injuries or lost of life due to this problem.

- , Upper Marlboro, MD, USA