2.9

2005 GMC Sierra 2500 body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 GMC Sierra 2500:

2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments

Jan 012009

Sierra 2500 8-cyl

I bought my GMC Sierra 2500 in June of 2005. Shortly after I bought the truck I started to notice rust on the trailer hitch and frame rails. As the years have gone by, the entire undercarriage is rusted over. Over the last several years a brake line rusted through and the brake pads & rotors have been replaced several times. I was lucky to be picking my truck up from the shop after an oil change & not driving it, when I noticed brake fluid on the ground under my truck.my speedometer does not work properly & the dashboard lighting works occasionally. My trailer hitch rusted so bad that the last time I put the receiver into the hitch it was stuck & I had to get a friend to connect a chain to his truck & while I drove forward & he reversed, the receiver finally broke free after approx. 10 minutes.

- Bel Air, MD, USA