NHTSA — Air Bags Problems

2008 GMC Sierra 2500 (Page 1 of 2)

5.8

2008 GMC Sierra 2500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Sierra 2500:

2008 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sierra 2500

Takata recall - the recall date was May 28, 2015. Today is December 22, 2016. I need action to fix this problem with my vehicle before someone gets hurt.

- Kernersville, NC, USA

Sep 102016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall"?? recall came out May 28 2015. Airbag defect can be very serious. Dealer in September 2016 says there is no resolution for recall. They do not have any airbags? how does one get replaced once deployed if none exist" if a replacement does exist then there is no excuse for not replacing them in a recall that is over a year old. Recall status: Recall incomplete. Remedy not yet available we need to get GMC on the ball with a possible defect causing possible injury. This recall is taking too long to complete. That is my complaint.

- Flagstaff, AZ, USA

Nov 132016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall - we were told yesterday that a local dealership would not take our truck on trade because of the outstanding recall that has no remedy available. How do we have to wait for this remedy?

- Medical Lake, WA, USA

Jul 152016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not yet available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 202015

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. The VIN was unavailable.

- Athol, ID, USA

Sep 082016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. It has been since May 2015 that I received a recall notice and to this day there is no remedy. This is my daughter truck and I would like it fixed. It is disappointing to see that it takes this long to find a solution.

- Allen, TX, USA

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed for the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Fayetteville, GA, USA

Jul 012015

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the recall repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/26/16

- Sacramento, CA, USA

Aug 242016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. Still no fix after 15 months.

- Madisonville, LA, USA

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Washington, WV, USA

Jul 062016

Sierra 2500

The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Elizabeth, CO, USA

Apr 072016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. My truck has been on the recall list for over 1 year now, still with no remedy to fix it. The idea that my passenger air bag can deploy and injure or kill my wife or my child makes me very uneasy. GMC will not offer a loaner vehicle until it is fixed and I need to drive it for work. I limit my vacations with my family in the truck due to the possibility of injury. Not only that but I can't even sale my vehicle having this issue, and it hurts my trade in value because there is no remedy and no other dealer can resale with an open recall. I feel there needs to be more done to enforce the automakers to help the consumers and customers out. The automakers chose takata and should be held responsible for ensuring all customers on the road are safe. When I spoke to GMC about this they basically told me tough luck and deal with it until enough vehicles are fixed that my truck makes the list.

- Browns Valley, CA, USA

May 112015

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. The VIN was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Roscoe, IL, USA

Jun 162016

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Greenbay, WI, USA

Jun 062016

Sierra 2500

The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 15V3247000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Vancouver, WA, USA

Sierra 2500 4WD 8-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 07/27/16

- East Woodstock, CT, USA

Jul 032015

Sierra 2500

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 GMC Sierra 2500. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 15V324000 (air bags). After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the part needed to repair the vehicle was not available. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Stanhope, NJ, USA

Jul 152015

Sierra 2500

I got a recall notice July 2015-it is now almost May 2016! I went back to the dealership yesterday and was told no future dates to get this resolved- are you serious? its caused deaths! I am afraid to drive my truck since I got the recall, this is unacceptable!!

- Thurmont, MD, USA

May 012015

Sierra 2500

Takata recall- NHTSA recall #15V324, manufacturer recall #N150438: This recall was brought to my attention in May 2015 and I still haven't heard anything further on rectifying the recalled part. Since this could potentially cause serious bodily harm to me or my family, it needs to be resolved.

- Brown Summit, NC, USA

Mar 252016

Sierra 2500

The airbag light came on a little bit ago but I haven't had the time to get it checked do to my crazy schedule. Yesterday while my truck was sittng in the parking lot at work the airbag deployed. The truck was not running and the keys were not or near the truck. There is no damage or marks of any kind to the front of the truck showing any sign of impact to trigger the airbag to deploy. I called and spoke to GM and the response was pretty much that it is out of warranty. The truck is now sitting at a local dealer and the service manager spoke with GM also and said they are going to look into it but sounded like they didn't want to cover it either. This is a piece of safety equipment that failed it should not expire with the warranty!!!

- Danby, VT, USA