2009 GMC Sierra 2500 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Sierra 2500:

2009 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments

Jun 012009

Sierra 2500 4WD 8-cyl

I have a complaint on the seat belts in my truck. It is a 2009 GMC 2500hd. When merging with traffic from a ramp when you need to slow down and look for your merge spot the seat belt pins you back to the back of the seat, putting your sight of view in the blind spot. To release yourself you have to push yourself back farther to release the seat belt. I took it to the dealer and they put it on their computer and there were no codes, so there was nothing they could do. I told the service writer this can't be right, and he said I wasn't the only person complaining about this. This makes it dangerous not only the people on the lane I?M going to merge to, but also people behind me. I am not braking hard for this to happen.

- Shrewsbury, MA, USA