2011 GMC Sierra 2500 wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Sierra 2500:

2011 GMC Sierra 2500 Owner Comments

Sep 142015

Sierra 2500

I have a 2011 GMC Sierra 2500hd denali diesel 4X4 pickup truck. At 60,000 miles one of the 20" aluminum wheels failed with a large crack on the backside of the wheel. I purchased a new wheel and had America's tire remount my tire. At 95,000 miles the same failure happened, but on a different wheel. This time there were two cracks in the wheel several inches long. On this failure I notified my GMC dealer, simpson GMC in buena park of the issue. I replaced this wheel again with a new wheel. Now at 115,000 miles I have a third 20" aluminum wheel that has failed. This time there are four cracks, 2 of which are over 1" long. I took my truck into America's tire and my GMC dealer and both a technician and the service director at simpson GMC are surprised the wheel didn't come apart while driving. I have attempted to work with my GMC dealer as well as General Motors corporate towards a resolution of this safety issue. I have asked GM to replace at least this latest failed wheel and investigate this matter further. I can't be the only one with this issue. GM has denied covering the cost of a new wheel and has twice now ignored my requests for an investigation. Because this is a huge safety issue where a failure could endanger my life, my family's life, or the lives of innocent motorist around me I must file a complaint and ask once again that my concerns be validated. I am asking GM to replace all four of my wheels with new wheels of the same kind if they can assure me this problem has been fixed, and if that is not an option, I am seeking General Motors cover the costs of four aftermarket wheels. If no resolution comes from this complaint I will file additional complaints with General Motors, the bureau of automotive repair, the BBB, the attorney general, and finally with my legal counsel.

- Buena Park, CA, USA