2.0

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 GMC Sierra 3500:

2006 GMC Sierra 3500 Owner Comments

Sep 172014

Sierra 3500 4WD 8-cyl

I went out to my truck in the morning and my dash board indicator told me to get my brakes checked; everything was fine the night before. I brought the truck into mymechanic and found out that my brake line is corroded and broken. Also found out that this a recurring and consistent problem with the GMC Sierra. I have my truck serviced by an authorized service center on a regular basis and this has never been mentioned to me. This needs to be a recall item! serious safety threat. Cannot imagine what could have happened if this occurred 2 days later when I was pulling our 40 foot rv. Shouldn't GM be responsible for this? my truck is now in the shop getting the brake line replaced.

- Wilmington, DE, USA