7.2

2002 GMC Sonoma miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 GMC Sonoma:

2002 GMC Sonoma Owner Comments

Mar 242003

Sonoma

Consumer requested information for service bulletins or recalls on this vehicle.

- Marquette, MI, USA

Feb 042003

Sonoma 4WD 6-cyl

I noticed in a reflection off the vehicle in front of me that when I turned my turn signal (doesn't matter which one, right or left), that my day time running lights go off. This started out as only happening on occasion and then proceed to get worse. By February 17, 2003, the day time running lights would go off every time I used my turn signal. I took my vehicle into the dealer on that date and was informed after they had contacted GM, that it was normal for it to do that. I bought the truck in July of 2002 and it had not done it up until that point, I know because I have followed my husband's vehicle several times and he would have noticed it. Anyway, the dealer showed me in the owners manual where it says some vehicles may do this and they refused to do anything about it although it had never done this before. I find this unsafe as it would be very distracting to oncoming drivers plus the fact that I worry something is wrong in the electrical system.

- St. Joseph, MO, USA