4.0

1999 GMC Suburban seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1999 GMC Suburban:

1999 GMC Suburban Owner Comments

Jun 282015

Suburban LL V8

I hit a big truck that ran a stop sign, I was going 25 mph. Everything I had in bags on the passenger seat flew off the seat and out of the bags.

I hit him on my front drivers side. It dented my Suburban, just scuffed the other drivers tires. That is how big that truck was. I was flung forward and my head almost hit the steering wheel, the only reason it didn't was because I had my arm locked with my hand on my horn. The seat belt DID NOT LOCK. Isn't that the purpose of the locking seat belt? I mean it locks at the most inconvenient times, but when I really really need it, it fails miserably.

I have a very bad neck disability, I am handicapped because of it. I thank God that I was in my Suburban and not in a smaller vehicle, but it really would have helped me out if the seat belt would have locked! I am fairly certain I will need testing and neck (painful) injections after this incident because of the whiplash I believe I have.

- , Westlake, USA