2010 GMC Terrain accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Terrain:

2010 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Sep 162016

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Terrain. While driving 65 mph, the vehicle stopped accelerating. The contact observed that the antifreeze coolant seal failed and caused the vehicle to overheat without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the piston rings fractured and needed to be replaced. Also, the windshield wipers failed. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V489000 (visibility). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 124,000.

- Akron, OH, USA

Feb 152016

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that while driving various speeds, the defroster was activated but it unexpectedly failed to function, which distorted the visibility. The failure recurred intermittently and progressed to being permanent. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 09V489000 (visibility). The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 68,000.

- Houston, TX, USA

Feb 032016

When driving on the interstate in a heavy downpour of rain, the windshield wipers failed. I almost got into an accident when trying to pull off the highway. The wipers will swipe when manually moved. I believe that the arm has become disconnected from the motor. I've seen a lot of complaints about the wipers. It seems there should be a recall issued.

- Durham, NC, USA

Jan 152016

I have had car speed up accelerate not accelerate burn oil and loss of engine power body throttle and mobile stabilizer codes and it's un safe I have children dealership wil not honor so called warranty

- Topeka, KS, USA

Dec 272015

In motion. Highway and street. The defrost system stopped blowing to clear the windshield area. It would blow into passenger area either cold or so hot you could hardly hold your hand in front of the vent. When you shut the vehicle off you can readily hear a knocking sound from the dash for several minutes. The radio also shut off along with all the radio illumination initial problem date: Dec 27, 2015. The inability to defrost is a continuing problem to present time.

- Smithville, MO, USA

Jul 302015

While operating the vehicle in a severe rain storm the front windshield wipers stopped working. This created an immediate loss of visibility. An investigation into the problem revealed that the windshield wiper linkage became disconnected at the motor. The linkage is connected with a simple snap-in ball and socket joint. The socket portion of the joint assembly appears to be a nylon type material. It is believed that over time the socket wore to the point that the ball was able to become disengaged from the socket. The windshield wipers were operating at their highest setting when this incident occurred.

- Windsor, CT, USA

Jan 182015

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that the defroster failed to work and the radio activated independently. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The technician advised the contact to take the vehicle to the dealer. No repairs were made to the vehicle. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 53,000. Updated 4/13/15

- Parlin, NJ, USA

Oct 272014

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Terrain. The contact stated while driving 60 mph, the windshield wipers failed without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where the vehicle was not diagnosed. The contact made unknown repairs independently to the vehicle but the failure still persisted. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure.the failure mileage was 88,000.

- Botsford, CT, USA

Jun 282014

Terrain 4-cyl

On top of visibility problems, heat works only when it feels like to, heating of radio control panel, lights are flickering, sometimes totally invisible, (cant read controls) recall that was on some 2010 Terrains is clearly a recall for my car, but GMC claims that my car has no recall. Driving on highway at speed of 65 mph it suddenly rained, I turned wipers on they got stuck in middle of windshield making it totally invisible of matter of seconds. If I was not in car accident then I'm hoping I never will be. Had to quickly open passenger side door to see where I can pull over to the side. I'm glad no 1 was right behind me, otherwise there would be unavoidable accident. As someone else claimed the wiper arm assembly became disconnected from the wiper motor ( I was able to move them by hand) this should be addressed before someone gets killed.

- Middle Village, NY, USA

Jan 062012

Terrain 4-cyl

This problem is in winter mostly, as I was driving my windshield became frosted, I quickly turned on the heat to defrost it, but my heather wouldn't turn on. I pulled to the side to check what happened, my heater wouldn't turn on, it was turned on but only cold air was coming out of it. I turned the car off and on again, still cold air was coming. After turning on and off my car few times the heat came on. I was able to defrost my windshield and continue driving. It happened many times after that time, but I already knew to turn off and on my car number of times would do the trick, I wasn't that concerned. From that time I realized that as long as in start my heat turns on and as long as it's kept on all the time, I wouldn't have a problem, also once driving on highway my windshield became fogged, required me to pull to the side and I had to get out and clean the windshield glass to get rid of fog. I wasn't able to get rid of it any other way. I usually don't drive much on highway so I wasn't concerned. When I happened to check recalls to my car just recently I noticed that there has been a recall for visibility/defroster/defogger system for some models of 2010 Terrain, but it didn't show a recall for my car and. GMC service told me that I would have to pay for it. I strongly believe that I have this problem with my vehicle, why isn't there a recall for all 2010 Terrains?

- Middle Village, NY, USA

Mar 302014

Terrain 4-cyl

Front windshield wipers stopped working. The wiper arm assembly became disconnected from the wiper motor so that the wipers stopped moving back and forth. There was immediate loss of visibility due to the heavy rain. The disconnected wiper arms could be moved back and forth over the windshield by hand (staying in tandem with each other) and that is how I know they disconnected from the motor. The design of this system should be more failsafe, and a failure in the system presents an imminent danger due to the loss of visibility while driving in the rain.

- Monroe Twp., NJ, USA