2.5

2010 GMC Terrain fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Terrain:

2010 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

May 112016

Terrain

I purchase my truck certified used and I already have to drop $1400 because the O2 sensor went out, the exhaust manifold is cracked and the hose that recycles the gas (I'm guessing the intake valve) is leaking! I still have to make car payments and insurance payments which total up to about $700 per month!!!! I am really dissatisfied as much as I love my truck.

- Detroit, MI, USA

Dec 292015

Terrain

I ordered this vehicle in 12/2009 and received it 2/2010. There have been several recalls and most recently I had to replace cam shaft accuators and high pressure fuel pump to the tune of $1800. My wife was driving home from work and the car was rattling and vibrating like it had two flat tires. Before that she informed that the service engine and stabilitrak lights had come on. There is a noise that rattles in the exhaust and I have had problems with the heater not working in the cold days of Wisconsin. I am highly disappointed in GMC, who received a "bail out" now owners of this vehicle need a "bail out" from this terrible design of a vehicle.

- Milwauke, WI, USA

Aug 162013

Terrain

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Terrain. The contact stated that while driving at 65 mph, the contact noticed an abnormal noise and noticed that the timing chain had fractured. The check engine warning light illuminated. In addition, the contact noticed fuel fumes emitting from the vehicle. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who diagnosed that the timing chain, water pump, fuel pump, pistons, spark plugs, gasket and multiple unknown parts needed to be replaced. The vehicle repaired. However, the contact stated that while reversing at a low speed, the vehicle stalled. The contact was able to restart the vehicle. The failure recurred on numerous occasions. The vehicle was taken to a dealer who was unable to diagnose or repair the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 46,000.

- Corning, NY, USA

May 012015

Terrain

I have had my vehicle checked twice this year regarding the loud exhaust noise and the strong fuel smell coming from my vehicle. They said that it is not a concern and I get migraines from the smell as well. I take my little sister to school everyday and the the fumes are overwhelming.

- Sparks, NV, USA

Aug 282015

Terrain

The car has been to the dealership 4 times for this problem only to have the dealership fix everything but the timing chain now we are not in "warranty" whatever that crap means. So we are responsible for $1400 bill on a timing chain for a car that has 77000 miles on it. We have a 2003 with 200000 miles on it and never had to repair all this engine stuff. I think GM is the worst car maker in the world. I am never buying another GM product.

- Davison, MI, USA

Sep 072013

Terrain 8-cyl

2010 GMC Terrain started making a rattling noise and shaking a stop, like a rough idle, took it to the dealership to get it fixed under warranty, had to replace water pump, balance shaft chain and tensioner replaced intake and exhaust. Camshaft position actuators and bolts replaced high pressure, fuel pump replaced V/C gasket timing chain tensioner and left timing chain guide. That was replaced 09/07/13 in warranty. Now it is 3/09/15 and the same problems have come up again and my car is currently in the shop at the dealership, that means there is a serious problem with this make of engine and it should be recalled before someone gets hurt because of it.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jan 062014

Terrain

Was driving down the road doing speed limit of 40 mph. All of a sudden the car started shaking and by it self dropped to 20 mph. Drove to apt and shut car off. When started back up it seemed ok. Took to the dealer, they said it was the throttle body and stabilizers. Which those lights came on as it happened. Engine power control light also came on. Dealer said they had to order parts and would cost around $600. Wow. Seems like a lot of the same issues on here. I believe they should put a recall on this issue.

- Aztec, , NM, USA