2010 GMC Terrain steering problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Terrain:

2010 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Sep 192016

Requesting a recall on the 2010 GMC Terrain. Mileage that was on the sticker was incorrect. Far from the truth. Major oil consumption, never seen anything like it. Tapping noise was reported @ 3,000 was told it was normal. Knew it was not. Had to replace camshaft, electrical problem, head lights constantly going, never lasting anytime. Will now have to replace transmission and probably engine. GMC stated they have no record of any problems with the Terrain they stated if there were any problems there would have been recalls and that the NHTSA would have done this. Will this be done" not sure how GMC is getting away with this. So many complaints on line. Are there any class action suits for the Terrain? can we start one" there are plenty of people with the exact same problem. Not even similar it's exact.

- Silver Spring, MD, USA

Apr 272016

Engine burning oil rapidly making loud noise had to get a new engine from GMC and had it installed at the dealership. Power steering locked twice took it to dealership they stated that the battery cable was not connecting properly and made the adjustment. Was working fine for 1 month and now the power steering locked again and I almost hit a wall and pedestrian while entering a parking garage, I am taking it back to the dealership

- Albrightsville, PA, USA

Dec 052015

My car is idling when it suddenly begins to idle roughly then stalls. There is a "reduced engine power" warning that appears with the check engine light, and "service stabilitrak" with the stabilitrak light. This has happened 3 times, twice when the vehicle was stationary, another time in motion, driving on a city street, and I was able to pull over before it died. In reading other complaints, this seems to be a known safety issue for 2010 GMC Terrains and should be investigated as a recall issue.

- Hanford, CA, USA

Oct 252014

Terrain 4-cyl

I couldn't restart my car right after I stopped at a parking stall in the morning, but I can hear "click" sound. Dash board shows warnings:"stabilitrak.."(I don't remember exactly the words), "battery saver active!" and "service power steering". however, I managed to jump my cable after 20mins, and step on gas at the same time when I turned the ignition key, finally I start my engine after 3 or 4 times. In the afternoon, when I turned on the electrical systems but not crank, power windows didn't work at all, which used to work well, and "service power steering" appears again.

- Florence, AL, USA

Aug 292014

This is the second time that the vehicle has stalled at a stop. I am seriously concerned with the safety of my wife. What if this happens and she involved in a serious accident because her vehicle basically shuts off and leaves her very vulnerable" what if the vehicle stalls during driving" GMC is no help, I have called and all they say is there is no recall. I get on their website and it does not work. We have had trouble with the ignition, having to have it repaired and also the timing chain making horrible noise. The latest incident really concerns me as it may place my wife in serious danger. Please help!

- Midland, TX, USA

Dec 082013

Vehicle quickly decelerated from about 46 mph to 5 mph. It would not accelerate above 5 mph. No warning signs before hand, happened out of nowhere. Then an error light came on the dashboard. GMC mechanic stated the throttle body was bad and replaced it, it was not covered under warranty (cost $540). This could have caused a major accident on a freeway or busy street, or could leave someone stranded on the side of the road with no warning.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Jun 282013

Dealer was rotating tires and found the sway bar link on the driver front side was broken in two. This is a all wheel drive model. I have to idea what caused this to break.

- Bloomington, CA, USA