2011 GMC Terrain brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Terrain:

2011 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Jan 142014

Terrain 4-cyl

2011 GMC Terrain. Consumer writes in regards to brake pads were rusted in the slides and they would not move.

- Erie, PA, USA

Jun 142013

Terrain 6-cyl

I purchased this Terrain as the 99 GMC pickup that I purchased from sheehan had 3 total brake failures and a power steering cooler fail all due to corrosion. I was afraid to drive the 99 after the 3rd total brake failure. This is when I purchased this vehicle in November 2011. Since then due to corrosion they replaced all the wheels on the vehicle and the other day I started smelling gasoline. I took the vehicle to sheehan. They found a fuel line under the vehicle leaking as it had rusted through. I asked the service person what they did to correct this problem. I was told they replace the fuel line with the same type that had just rusted through. I asked them why they did not use stainless steel. I was told they do not do that. I now do not feel comfortable of driving this vehicle. The vehicle has not even been paid off yet and only has approximately 7000 miles on it. I have begun shopping for a non-General Motors vehicle as I do not feel save driving this one.

- Fort Lauderdale , FL, USA