2011 GMC Terrain engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Terrain:

2011 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Oct 152011

Terrain 4-cyl

The select the parts wont let me enter the description. When my vehicle is in cruise control the switch can be accidentally slightly touched and will shut off the cruise control causing the vehicle to immediately slow down without any warning to the vehicle behind me since the brake lights do not come on. I really feel that this is a safety related issue. GMC has a new cruise control switch for 2012 which is a push on and push off switch which alleviates this problem. I have contacted GMC and they informed that there is no plan to retrofit the 2011 Terrain with the new 2012 switch. Please advise! GMC knows that the toggle switch was faulty and replaced it with a push on push off switch. I just want my vehicle to be safe.

- Rockwood, MI, USA