2013 GMC Terrain wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 GMC Terrain:

2013 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Oct 122014

Terrain 4-cyl

We bought my daughter a brand new GMC Terrain. Her old GMC had over 200,000 miles on it. She had a blown out tire prior to this incident. She was not driving fast and there was not reason for the tire to blow out. She is on her way home from a friends house and goes over a railroad track, not speeding. Another tire blows out. Has to get car towed. The tow car to gmn dealership. Days in shop airbag issues, tire had to be replaced. Takes over 4 days to be repaired has to go back. Over $1700 bill. This is second time this has happened.

- Gilbertsville, PA, USA

Aug 172014

Terrain 4-cyl

1. on August 17, 2014 my virtually new 2013 GMC Terrain with less than only a few thousand miles of use crashed due to the General Motors corporation [GMC] GMC Terrain defect in design and manufacturing of this vehicle as confirmed by an official GMC dealer as recorded herein. The details of this incident are recorded below and represent only a small fraction of my many attempts by usps mail, email and telephone to contact GMC and to register my complaint. GMC has not made any meaningful response to my contacts and, in point of fact and in truth, GMC has acted to intimidate, terrorize and bully me! 2. during the morning of August 17, 2014 in my 2013 GMC Terrain while traveling South on I-95 in the right lane in Virginia, near chester, Virginia, the left front wheel suddenly separated and detached from this vehicle causing the steering of the vehicle to become disordered and deviate to the left and to crash into the concrete barrier separating the North bound lane of I 95 from the South bound lane. My damaged vehicle was eventually towed, after several hours, to a GMC dealership in chester, Virginia and then to second GMC dealership in chester, Virginia where temporary repairs were made after many delays and lack of availability of parts and other GMC glitches. After the temporary repairs were effected six days later, at 5:55 pm, my vehicle was returned to me. A copy of the repair facility of the GMC dealer: Strosnider Chevrolet, Inc., attesting to these facts, is reprinted below wherein it is recorded: ┐┐the left front wheel, while driving, began to come loose causing the steering to be distorted resulting in the vehicle striking the concrete center divider and the wheel completely cast out from the vehicle and the ensuing body damageŁ for your information and for inclusion in my file.

- New York, NY, USA