5.0

2014 GMC Terrain fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 GMC Terrain:

2014 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Oct 102016

Terrain

For the past two months there has been a steady increase in carbon monoxide leak in the cabin of my vehicle. Initially I thought it was something that will go away but for some months now the leak has been growing. I have to drive with my windows down just to be able to breathe in my vehicle. This vehicle have not had an accident or damage. I have kept a clean maintenance record of this vehicle. I am a disabled veteran with tbi and ptsd and the fumes from the carbon monoxide in my vehicle is causing my migraines to intensify. Please help me resolve this issue as soon as possible before I die behind the wheel one day driving in my vehicle. As soon as I turn the vehicle on, the carbon monoxide fills the cabin up.

- Lewis Center, OH, USA

May 082016

Terrain

Periodically auto will surge forward (without the benefit of gas pedal being depressed.) I managed to stop before there was a crash. Dealer states that no problems like this have been reported. I am certain this is a dangerous situation. The dealer has stated that there is no problem with this car. I have to trust that they did something to stop the surging (computer adjustment??)

- Pilot Hill, CA, USA

Feb 102016

Terrain

"takata recall" when refueling the vehicle the pump gas nozzle will not stay in the gas filler hole. It falls out every time either spilling gas on the ground or on me if I stand next to it. I am forced to hold the nozzle in the filler hole at all times to avoid this issue.

- Lake Forest, CA, USA

May 152014

Terrain

From the first day I got my GMC all I get is 10 mpg and it feels like the dealer is giving me the run a roumd.(getting no help).

- Hudson, FL, USA