2015 GMC Terrain miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Terrain:

2015 GMC Terrain Owner Comments

Oct 082015

Front passenger seat belt chime comes on when there is nothing on the front seat or almost nothing on the seat. This has happened at least 1/2 dozen times or more. I can be driving and all of sudden comes on. It can scare one esp 1st time. You don't know what is happening. I thought I blew a tire or door came open. My attention was everywhere but on 65 mph traffic on freeway. Breaks one's driving concentration. Independent of temperature. Other problem I have is lots of wind comes in on passenger door. It is not aligned properly. GM has tried a couple of times with no success. Very annoying and hard to hear radio etc.. 3rd problem is navigation, communication center, it keeps disappearing. It is giving me directions somewhere and then just disappears and resets. It has been replaced once. It has gotten me stranded more than once. I am a senior who relies on system. When it disappears, I am not always somewhere that I can stop to completely reset and reenter all the information again. I feel that this is a safety issue. I was on hwy every time and most of the time not in a remote area but not in area that I could stop. In ca. There are many areas you do not want to get off the frwy at. All instances above happened in the city areas while driving. Service was done Oct 2015. None of issues resolved despite attempt. All are ongoing.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Oct 152015

The contact owns a 2015 GMC Terrain. While driving at approximately 40 mph, the pressure of the air was painful to the contact's ears when the windows were rolled down. The manufacturer was notified. The approximate failure mileage was 3,000.

- Zeeland, MI, USA

Sep 052015

In the early morning of 9-5-15 my daughter began driving home from pittsburgh to de. She swerved to avoid an animal on the pa turnpike, hit the jersey wall on the right, rolled over completely twice to the left, landing upright in the median. Luckily the seat belt saved her and she had only minor injuries. However the side air bags did not deploy. In fact onstar called 911 because their monitoring equipment showed that the air bags had deployed, but they did not. The vehicle was declared a total loss. There is no recall on this vehicle for airbag problem though I've heard that there should be so I wanted to report this.

- Ocean View, DE, USA

May 202015

When renting a GMC 2015 Terrain from national car rental in phoenix AZ in May 2015, upon returning the vehicle we noticed that the sun roof was shattered. There was a sliding door between the sun roof and the interior of the vehicle and we never opened the sun roof or the sliding door and was surprised when the sun roof was shattered. We were charged by national car rental $750 for the repair and still can't figured out how or when this happened. We didn't experience any extreme hot phoenix temperatures during that time and the vehicle was parked in a garage when not used. We didn't even know that there was a sun roof as we were transporting our 1 year old grand daughter around in an infant seat in the back seat. If we would have even known about the sun roof we wouldn't have opened anyway. We don't know if we rented the vehicle that had this damage before we left the rental area or not as who ever looks for damage on top of a rental vehicle and we always check around the vehicle, we will now check and probably never rent another vehicle with a sun roof. It is unfortunate that rental car companies have policies that never allow these types of damages to be reported when safety is at risk. Update 9/15/15

- Kailua-Kona, HI, USA