2.9

2001 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Yukon:

2001 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jun 152011

Yukon 8-cyl

I heard a slight grinding noise, that sounded like a brake dragging. I replaced brakes all the way around, and that didn't stop the noise. I then replaced all the wheel bearings, this did not help either. I tried the U-joints with no luck. I was talking to the person that I got the vehicle from and was told that the rear end had been rebuilt twice! this was before I got the vehicle, and it only had 67000 on it when I got it. Since then I have talked to many Yukon owners, and they have had the same issues.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Dec 012004

Yukon

The contact owns a 2001 GMC Yukon. While driving 15 mph, the 4-wheel drive service indicator intermittently illuminates on the instrument panel. All 4-wheel drive power was completely lost in the vehicle. She took the vehicle to the dealer and they stated that the case shift control module failed. The failure has occurred four times since 2004. The dealer replaced the case shift control module each time the failure occurred; however, the contact believes it should not fail every 12 months. She believes that a recall should be issued and the manufacturer should be responsible for the repair. The failure mileage was 23,946 and current mileage was 72,000.

- Grand Blank, MI, USA