2001 GMC Yukon wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 GMC Yukon:

2001 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jul 262003

Yukon

After driving approximately 20 minutes at a speed of approx. 30 mph on a gravel road Firestone wilderness P265/70R16 rear tire blew out on my '01 GMC Yukon with complete tread separation, and the radials breaking. My husband changed the tire with our spare that is the same make/model. Approx. 10 minutes later on a paved road at a speed of 45 mph, the spare blew out with complete tread separation. Our vehicle was towed to the dealership, and there was no problem found with the vehicle. They believe the tires are defective. We have replaced all four tires on our vehicle and kept the Firestone for evalution and analysis purposes.

- Longmont, CO, USA

Jul 272003

Yukon

The rear driver side tire blewout while driving 65 mph. Firestone wilderness le tire.. the GM dealer replaced the tire with another Firestone tire.

- Woodland Hills, CA, USA

May 222003

Yukon

The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated the wheel bearings were bad and the vehicle also needed tires.

- Livonia, MI, USA

Dec 222001

Yukon

Braking to avoid accident and right front tire blew out, rendering vehicle unsteerable, out of control. Spun in circles and went into ditch in median of 4 lane highway. (dot number: 8X72 tiresize: P265/70R16)

- Little Rock, AR, USA

Sep 062001

Yukon 4WD

Was sold new vehicle with P265 tires. GMC says the dealer can put any tire he wants on the vehicle, the dealer didn't know it states in owners manual don't use tire chais with P265 tires. See page 6-52 Yukon 2001 owners manual. I have filed a complaint with GMC #C05410969. I feel it is a serious condition for a dealer to be able to sell a vehicle with P265 tires without having to at least worn buyer that they can not use snow chains on P265. I really feel this is a dangerous dealer selling practice. Note: > this applies to all GMC pickup's and SUV's.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA

Aug 272001

Yukon 4WD

11:45am on 8/27/01 tire separation occurred at 60 mph on pa rte 476S, mile marker 14. Contacted GM who could care less; they did not record the incident even though I tried to report it; they told me to contact Firestone and that it was not GM's problem; called Firestone and all they cared about was whether it was an at wildnerness tire; Firestone told me to go to a local dealer for assistance. I am scared to death to drive this car at high speed again. What should I do? (dot number: 8X72 5000 tiresize: P265/70R16)

- Jenkintown, PA, USA

Feb 282001

Yukon

Tilt steering wheel locks in up position. Dealer has inspected vehicle. Consumer has been experiencing problems with Firestone tires, P235/70R16, tires lose air, have leaking valve stems, and have tiny pin holes in them.

- Hungerford, TX, USA

Dec 272000

Yukon 4WD

Tire blew out on side. No puncture on the tread side. (dot number: V672 WL1 3 tiresize: P265-70R16)

- Westerville, OH, USA

Jan 272001

Yukon

I was exiting the 5 freeway northbound onto the 55 North when my carred suddenly tilted to the left severely. I did not jerk back the wheel and it stratightened itself out. I pulled over and I had a flat left rear tire. I drove to the dealer and told them iw wanted new tires (my wife had previously requested new tires. They refused, , iwent to costco bought new michellens. Costco filled my flat and they could not get the tire to leak. It looked perfect and near new. (dot number: 8X72wlt tiresize: 26570R16)

- Tustin, CA, USA

Sep 112000

Yukon 4WD

Driving on the freeway, the R/F tire suddenly blewout without warning.( dot number: Tire size: 265/70R16 )

- Everett, WA, USA