1. maybe the throttle body control doesnt always fix (1 reports)
2003 GMC Yukon electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Yukon:

2003 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

May 052013

Yukon 4.8L V8

When I started the vehicle this morning and were taking a trip of 335 miles to Kansas and back, the box in the dash said engine power reduced. It would not go faster than an idle, push foot feed to floor and nothing but an idle. Had to take Yukon back home and take our other vehicle. Also this Yukon the RPM gauge quit working a few months ago and the electrical gauge also quit before that. No fuses are out.

- , CANTON, OK, USA

Feb 052012

Yukon XL Denali 6.0L

Currently My vehicle Goes into " Reduce Engine Power " Mode and completely loses power on the road to an engine idle. Not only is this an inconvenience but this is absolutely a safety hazard. I was almost hit from behind on a fast moving road because there was no where to pull over. I was able to take off after letting the car sit. On the second occasion when this happened I lost complete power to the motor and had no powered steering. This nearly caused an accident around a turn due to loss of powered steering. If this is not a MAJOR SAFETY ISSUE than i don't know what is.... The GMC problem code is Pd 1518 and says that this is "Throttle Actuator Control Module Serial Data Malfunction " There seems to be no fix for this issue. Research online shows that thousands of people with these GM vehicles encounter the same issue with their vehicles.

The other Major issue with my 2003 Yukon Denali is the drive tran. The torque converter is working improperly and my transmission is slipping. I understand if I were the only one with this issue or maybe eve a handfull of others than this may not a big deal. BUT due to the ability of the online web, THOUSANDS of people have reported slipping transmissions or completely faulty transmissions. For the money you spend on a luxury AMERICAN MADE SUV you would expect the vehicle to gie you some sence of security and dependability. After owning a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD as well and dealing with the numerous front end issues and recalls I dont think that I would ever buy American made again...

If i could please have some sort of a response to this and some kind of help i would greatly appreciate it. Thank so much!

- , Ipswich, MA, USA