8.0

$1,900.00

2003 GMC Yukon transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 GMC Yukon:

2003 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jun 152012

Yukon SLT 4.8L

This vehicle only has 117,000 miles on it. I came to a complete stop, put the vehicle in reverse and heard a loud bang, and a whining noise. Vehicle would not move backward. So I put it in drive and suddenly it jerk into gear. As I went through the parking lot you can hear a loud whining noise coming from the tranny sounding like I had a cat caught up in the gears. When I had a chance to limp it to the mechanic it would shift pass 2nd gear. So I had to replace the tranny. Almost $2000 later for a problem that I was told that is common for this transmission. It seems like GM would have know this and fixed this problem. I was told it was the shell gear had broken. And by simply making it a little thicker this could have prevented this problem.

- , Gainesville, FL, USA