2007 GMC Yukon brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Nov 012016

Yukon

My stabitity trac control lot popped on, check engine light, tire pressure light and now my low oil pressure light popped on saying stop engine.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Jan 072016

Yukon

The brakes on MY07 Yukon work intermittently. When driving the truck first thing in the morning at speeds of 15mph to 20 mph brakes fail to engage and have had several close calls.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Nov 132015

Yukon

"takata recall" while braking the SUV jerks while applying the brakes. New rotors and brakes installed and the problem still continues.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Sep 012015

Yukon

Stabilitrac and traction control service is on screen. Car makes loud noise when starting. Not all the time. Turning off engine and restarting fixes problem but service lights stay on.. I've heard many reports about this issue. Why isn't there a recall. Are we waiting for an accident?

- West Caldwell, NJ, USA

May 092014

Yukon

Driving through town when the car started slamming into gear. Right before, the ABS warning light came on and the dash said "stabilitrack disengaged". car started beeping and lost power. When I was able, pulled over and shut down car. It would not start. Towed it to the dealer and they had difficulty diagnosing. Ultimately replace ip junction box and fp gateway. Same thing happened again 10,000 miles later.

- Saugus, CA, USA

Sep 072015

Yukon

While driving on surface streets, the yellow ABS warning came on, "stabilitrack" light came on. The warning lights started dinging, the transmission slammed between gears, the lights came and went and the door locks were going up and down continuously. Lost power also, pulled off and shot off engine. Truck would not restart as electrical system was dead. Same thing happened 10K miles earlier. This has happened 2times and the car only has 53,000 miles. Repairs took over 10 days as the engine was not communicating with the car. Replaced engine control module

- Saugus, CA, USA

Sep 052015

Yukon

My wife and I had just purchased a used 2007 GMC Yukon. Little did we know about the major issue the truck has with the reduced power reading that comes up. I really think that GMC needs to put out a recall for these issues. My wife was on her way home from a work meeting and driving on the freeway with her sister and my wife's and my daughter in the GMC Yukon and she was doing the speed limit and all of a sudden she didn't know what was going on. She called me and she was in a panic. She had to pull off the freeway and come to a complete stop and when she did the vehicle had died it turned off and she had our 2 month old daughter with out A/C and in 100 degree weather. This issue puts the people's families at risk that own these vehicles and also other drivers families at risk you can not replace a persons life if its taken away and the hardship it causes but you can replace a vehicle so why not come up with solution so the road may become a little bit of a safer place. When my wife had this happen other drivers were not courteous or understanding when someone puts their hazard lights on that something is wrong, they just kept flying past her. Now with several people having this same issue with the same GM make this issue should be resolved. I have looked up and saw Chevy doesn't have this issue and Chevy is the same company. If the national highway traffic safety association could create this recall and they could use the same part from Chevy then surely this issue would be fixed and it would be a safer vehicle. If you were a company owner wouldn't you want to stand by your companies production and create solutions if there were these common issues" wouldn't you want to help make the road a safer place by one little fix" it wouldn't

- Arlington, TN, USA

Aug 312012

Yukon

I have had my vehicle for about 4 years now. I haven't had any issues with it up until July of last year (2014). I experienced my car jerking erratically and had to pull over. The car lost speed and could not accelerate. I had taken it to a mechanic who then said I needed a new transmission. I have had the transmission replaced. About 6 months later the jerking started again on and off, no loss of speed and it would only jerk going form first gear to second. I have not worried about it until now because the car would only jerk every so often. Now my traction control and stabilizer service warning message pops up. I have taken it to several places I have been told that I needed a throttle body, ABS module and both are not cheap to fix they all want to charge me $500- $1200 to fix the problem. I began researching and see that the issue I am having may be due to a manufacturing issue. I plan to take it to another mechanic before I start paying for more costly repairs. If for some reason this is a manufacturing issue, these vehicles need to be recalled before a serious accident happens.

- Lexington, KY, USA

May 012015

Yukon

I will be driving and my truck will just lose power. I push on the gas pedal and it goes no where. I have to coast off the highway and then I can stop and turn it off for a few minutes then start it back up with the check engine light on. I have changed the tps 2 times, the entire throttle body, and the mass air flow sensor and it's still doing it.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Apr 012013

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

My engine speed reduced abruptly while traveling speed of 65mph on the freeway. This has almost caused an accident several times. A reduced engine speed, service stabilization track and service traction control signs come on. If I pull over and wait 1 minute it starts and doesn't do again for 15 minutes. Sometimes this doesn't happen for a week. I read forums and it appears to be a faulty throttle body, and only with GM vehicles, but GM fails to request a recall. Some have spent hundreds of dollars to replace, and it still does not fix the problem.

- Edmonds, WA, USA

Mar 062013

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2007 Yukon that continually has the check engine light come on and error saying service stabilitrak - service traction control. Sometimes it will clunk (when shifting and this happens). I had the throttle sensor replaced and all 8 spark plugs in 2013 and same error is now back. They are saying I have multiple misfires now and I need to replace all my spark plugs again (for another $500) but they can't guarantee this will fix it. This is a very common problem - all over the web - and it doesn't seem like GMC has taken any accountability for this issue. My car is currently at a very reputable Chevy dealership and they have no clue. I am seriously at a loss for words and don't know where to turn.

- Fombell, PA, USA

Feb 182015

Yukon 8-cyl

While my wife was driving on the interstate highway at 55mph, the SUV check engine light came on, followed by a traction control warning on the display, then the vehicle went into "limp mode", reducing power and speed to approx 20 mph. She turned on the hazards, and moved into the right lane as other vehicles went around her at the posted speed limit as the engine was bucking and missing. She exited the highway and limped the truck, barely getting up to 20 mph to a service shop. They scanned the codes, the only one there directed them to change the throttle body, ($580). The vehicle ran good for 3 days, then all the same bells and whistles came back. GMC service said they have no knowledge of a problem. Upon researching this online, I found it's far from uncommon. If this has not caused an accident yet, its only a matter of time..

- Pompano Beach, FL, USA

Jan 012015

Yukon

2007 GMC Yukon denali. As I was driving...engine light came on, following with vehicle stability control, traction control disable then reduced engine power and it wont let me drive more then 20 mph. Took it the dealer, replaced terminal wires, replaced BCM module ($1100). Two days later same lights comes back on dashboard...took it to the dealer and they told me I need throttle body replaced ($631). Then even more issues came, as you stopping for the stop light, but the truck jerking forward while foot on break and as stopping it makes a thud noise when slowing down. Contact GM said they'll be able to help me out but then they decline for any help and simply told me there is nothing they can do. Now dealer is telling me I need breaks, ball joints, up control arms, shocks. Truck has under less then 100K miles and most of these should last more then 100K. Even dealer admitted by saying I've never seen Yukon denali going back. Its a safely issue. My wife will not drive this truck any more with 3 kids in it and now it just sits in my garage while making payments to this truck. Its ridiculous! im sure there are someone out there that can help us and others who are going through the same issue before GM get a lawsuit and have blook on their hands.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

Jun 262014

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

My husband was driving and the tracking and stabilization light came on. The truck turn off in mid traffic. It did start back up and we took it to GMC dealer. They have had it since. The dealer still has the truck and has fixed three different things and my bill is increasing, but they have failed to find the problem. This is a danger to myself, my husband and our two children. I have called GM and they are pretty much like stay in contact with dealer.

- Louisville, KY, USA

Mar 162014

Yukon 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the service stabilitrak, service traction control, and the ABS warning lights illuminated. In addition, the contact mentioned that the passenger side tail light continuously failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The mechanic diagnosed that the cruise control system failed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 82,000. Updated 08/11/14 the consumer stated the 3 warning lights illuminate upon braking quickly or, when the brake is depressed at a light. The light had been replaced and would blow out in less than a week. The cruise control failed. Updated 08/13/2014

- West Borugh, MA, USA

Nov 282013

Yukon

GMC is currently admitting to faulty ignition switch failure. When I purchased my vehicle three years ago every year this has been an ongoing issue filed a complaint last year in 2013 never heard back from dealership. Dealership has been fixing issue but not taken care of it properly. Looked at recall list but the 2007 GMC Yukon was not included. Can you please advise?

- Aurora, CO, USA

Mar 182013

Yukon

Roughly 30 times since March my 2007 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 slt has had the dreaded stabilitrack off, service stabilitrack, reduced engine power problem. You can be driving along at various speeds and the error will come on and you will be completely unable to accelerate. Leaving a very dangerous situation for my family. It has happened when pulling a camper and without pulling anything either. GM refuses to help the many families having the same problems.

- Montgomery, IN, USA

Dec 222012

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that while driving approximately 50 mph, the stability track, traction control and the check engine warning light illuminated. The vehicle decelerated and the contact had no control of the vehicle. The failure recurred intermittently while the contact was driving at different speeds. The vehicle was taken to the dealer six different times. The technicians reset the check engine light and the sensor. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 63,000.

- Alsip, IL, USA

Mar 142013

Yukon

Stabilitrack light and check engine light illuminates while driving down the highway. The car goes to idle and has no power to accelerate, almost got rear ended by another car. Once pulled over to side of road, shut engine down and waited 15 mins to restart. Stability track light and check engine light remains on and car accelerates normally. This has happened several times and is an extreme hazard! I have read numerous accounts of this happening to other owners of this model vehicle and dealer has no resolution to fix the problem, they just charge consumers for parts that are not really resolving the issue. This is dangerous for all drivers and will cause a fatality in the near future, something needs to be done!!!

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Feb 212012

Yukon 8-cyl

Stabilitrack automatically shuts off at various times and signals on dashboard to get serviced. When stabilitrack is off transmission shifts very roughly and car lurches forward. Date of occurrence is approx but has been happening ever since.

- Spokane, WA, USA