2.2

2007 GMC Yukon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Dec 012015

Yukon

There is cracks appearing on the dash all along the airbags housing compartment and part of the air bag is exposed. I'm very afraid that the airbag will go off while I'm driving because the dash is so cracked it's barely holding the bag in. I'm also worried it will affect the safety components and not work in an accident because of it being exposed to some elements due to the cracks. My vehicle has been garaged kept and always professionally maintained so it's not something we did or did not do I believe it's cheap material on the dash causing this to occur. Another big issue is the gas and brake pedal are adjustable and have completely come undone and fallen off the adjustable mechanism while I was driving. I called the company and she said someone would contact me soon and it's been a month I've yet to hear from them. It was a terrifying ordeal to be driving and all of a sudden you can't accelerate or brake. I was so scared for my children's safety as we were all in the car driving down the road when this happened.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

May 012015

Yukon

I will be driving and my truck will just lose power. I push on the gas pedal and it goes no where. I have to coast off the highway and then I can stop and turn it off for a few minutes then start it back up with the check engine light on. I have changed the tps 2 times, the entire throttle body, and the mass air flow sensor and it's still doing it.

- Waldorf, MD, USA

Apr 012013

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

My engine speed reduced abruptly while traveling speed of 65mph on the freeway. This has almost caused an accident several times. A reduced engine speed, service stabilization track and service traction control signs come on. If I pull over and wait 1 minute it starts and doesn't do again for 15 minutes. Sometimes this doesn't happen for a week. I read forums and it appears to be a faulty throttle body, and only with GM vehicles, but GM fails to request a recall. Some have spent hundreds of dollars to replace, and it still does not fix the problem.

- Edmonds, WA, USA

Mar 162014

Yukon 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the service stabilitrak, service traction control, and the ABS warning lights illuminated. In addition, the contact mentioned that the passenger side tail light continuously failed. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic. The mechanic diagnosed that the cruise control system failed. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure and current mileage was 82,000. Updated 08/11/14 the consumer stated the 3 warning lights illuminate upon braking quickly or, when the brake is depressed at a light. The light had been replaced and would blow out in less than a week. The cruise control failed. Updated 08/13/2014

- West Borugh, MA, USA

Mar 182013

Yukon

Roughly 30 times since March my 2007 GMC Yukon XL 5.3 slt has had the dreaded stabilitrack off, service stabilitrack, reduced engine power problem. You can be driving along at various speeds and the error will come on and you will be completely unable to accelerate. Leaving a very dangerous situation for my family. It has happened when pulling a camper and without pulling anything either. GM refuses to help the many families having the same problems.

- Montgomery, IN, USA

Mar 142013

Yukon

Stabilitrack light and check engine light illuminates while driving down the highway. The car goes to idle and has no power to accelerate, almost got rear ended by another car. Once pulled over to side of road, shut engine down and waited 15 mins to restart. Stability track light and check engine light remains on and car accelerates normally. This has happened several times and is an extreme hazard! I have read numerous accounts of this happening to other owners of this model vehicle and dealer has no resolution to fix the problem, they just charge consumers for parts that are not really resolving the issue. This is dangerous for all drivers and will cause a fatality in the near future, something needs to be done!!!

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 072011

Yukon 8-cyl

Was driving down the freeway and the vehicle warning bell rung. On the vehicle heads up display read. Traction control, stability control and reduced engine power. The vehicle immediatly started shutting down with no power. This caused a near miss from behind from a tractor trailer vehicle.

- Belen, NM, USA

Jan 242008

Yukon 8-cyl

2007 GMC Yukon denali accelerated without warning. Consumer states that vehicle surged forward after completing a lane change and the brakes would not stop the vehicle. Consumer states that he turned the vehicle off then pulled into a parking lot. The dealer was unable to duplicate the consumers concern.

- Unknown, DC, USA

Sep 272006

Yukon 8-cyl

: at time when cruise at constant speeds, then pressing the accelerator pedal, the vehicle would not accelerate right away, it would take a few seconds.

- University Place, WA, USA