2007 GMC Yukon fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Nov 012016

Yukon

My stabitity trac control lot popped on, check engine light, tire pressure light and now my low oil pressure light popped on saying stop engine.

- Champaign, IL, USA

Jul 162015

Yukon

This is another incident that occurred the same week as my last complaint. While driving home from lunch I slowed the vehicle as I was going down a hill, this did not require any use of the accelerator pedal. Upon slowing down my vehicle displayed the following messages: "service traction control", "service stabilitrack", "reduced engine power". the SUV would not accelerate over 15mph requiring my to pull to the side of the road. The vehicle shook violently until I was able to put it in park and turn off the engine. After 10 minutes of sitting on the side of the road I stared the engine again. The SUV started right up but the "check engine" light remained on until the following day. Engine codes lead to a faulty throttle body position sensor which was replaced after the incident on 7/13. I took my vehicle to the GMC dealer today who informed me of the same problem yet again. These are either bad parts or a some bigger GM issue.

- Madison, WI, USA

Jul 132015

Yukon

While driving to work on the interstate I approached slow moving traffic. Upon slowing down my vehicle displayed the following messages: "service traction control", "service stabilitrack", "reduced engine power". the SUV would not accelerate over 15mph requiring my to pull to the side of the road. The vehicle shook violently until I was able to put it in park and turn off the engine. After 10 minutes of sitting on the side of the road I stared the engine again. The SUV started right up but the "check engine" light remained on. This was a terrifying experience on a busy stretch of hwy 88 outside of Chicago. I hope others do not have to go through this experience.

- Madison, WI, USA

Jan 012015

Yukon

2007 GMC Yukon denali. As I was driving...engine light came on, following with vehicle stability control, traction control disable then reduced engine power and it wont let me drive more then 20 mph. Took it the dealer, replaced terminal wires, replaced BCM module ($1100). Two days later same lights comes back on dashboard...took it to the dealer and they told me I need throttle body replaced ($631). Then even more issues came, as you stopping for the stop light, but the truck jerking forward while foot on break and as stopping it makes a thud noise when slowing down. Contact GM said they'll be able to help me out but then they decline for any help and simply told me there is nothing they can do. Now dealer is telling me I need breaks, ball joints, up control arms, shocks. Truck has under less then 100K miles and most of these should last more then 100K. Even dealer admitted by saying I've never seen Yukon denali going back. Its a safely issue. My wife will not drive this truck any more with 3 kids in it and now it just sits in my garage while making payments to this truck. Its ridiculous! im sure there are someone out there that can help us and others who are going through the same issue before GM get a lawsuit and have blook on their hands.

- Woodbury, MN, USA

May 032010

Yukon 8-cyl

The incorrect fuel levels when it run low, it was showing that have 120 miles to go, when I just drove for 20 miles and it empty, it drop down so fast that I'm so nervous, almost on freeway no where near by for gas station, it happening seen I bought this truck back in 2009 and still now problem with it, I have to refill almost half of the tank every time, can't wait until it empty light it will out of gas so quick, and second problem is steering making noise every turn on a column of steering.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Jan 072011

Yukon 8-cyl

Was driving down the freeway and the vehicle warning bell rung. On the vehicle heads up display read. Traction control, stability control and reduced engine power. The vehicle immediatly started shutting down with no power. This caused a near miss from behind from a tractor trailer vehicle.

- Belen, NM, USA