2007 GMC Yukon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Sep 072016

Takata recall, cracks in the dash that run to the air bags on the dash. The center speaker is mounted to the plastic dash and move with the road vibration which breaks the dash along with the uv radiation that weakens the plastic.. the dash could splinter in a crash and wound or kill a passenger.

- Southaven, MS, USA

Nov 302014

The dash board has a large crack that stretchs from the passenger air bag to the drivers side. I'm concerned that this can impact the function of the air bag system or cause harm to the passenger in the event of an accident.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Feb 202015

The dash has completely cracked for a second time along the drivers side and around the airbag. This is a original GM $380 dash that was put in and has cracked again. It is unsafe if the airbag deploys it will push the broken plastic into the passenger causing bodily injury.

- Blackstone, VA, USA

Mar 152013

Front dashboard cracks by the windshield and air bags.

- Brownsville, TX, USA

Nov 012013

Cracks in dash around airbag will cause injury with deployment. Cracks on the dash will cause I just in accident.

- Canyon Lake, CA, USA

Mar 062015

I am writing to inform a safety hazard issue with my 2007 GMC, Yukon. Over the past couple of years a crack has formed over the meter combo. Since that crack has formed, it has caused a piece of the dash to break out. The cracks in dash have also caused vibration of the dash and has caused two other cracks in the dash to appear around the passenger airbag. I am concerned in the event that an accident does occur that the dash will crumble/break in the driver/passenger face. This could cause very life threatening injuries. Please consider reporting this to GMC dealers for further investigation of these dashes and consider a recall.

- New Albany, MS, USA

Dec 012015

There is cracks appearing on the dash all along the airbags housing compartment and part of the air bag is exposed. I'm very afraid that the airbag will go off while I'm driving because the dash is so cracked it's barely holding the bag in. I'm also worried it will affect the safety components and not work in an accident because of it being exposed to some elements due to the cracks. My vehicle has been garaged kept and always professionally maintained so it's not something we did or did not do I believe it's cheap material on the dash causing this to occur. Another big issue is the gas and brake pedal are adjustable and have completely come undone and fallen off the adjustable mechanism while I was driving. I called the company and she said someone would contact me soon and it's been a month I've yet to hear from them. It was a terrifying ordeal to be driving and all of a sudden you can't accelerate or brake. I was so scared for my children's safety as we were all in the car driving down the road when this happened.

- Glendale, AZ, USA

Apr 202014

Dashboard is cracked at both corners of the passenger air bag as well as over the steering wheel dash (plastic used to make these dashes is the cause of the cracking in 2007-2013 GM and Chevrolet trucks). I am extremely concerned that in the event of an accident; either the cracked plastic will cause the air bag to puncture (serious life safety concern) or the pieces of cracked plastic will be projectiles and possible be harmful to all passengers of the vehicle. Apparently GM has stated that the plastic used to make these dashboards is the cause of all of these cracks however they will not issue a recall. There are class action suits being looked into but the 2007 - 2009 vehicles are out of this group because of the bankruptcy that GM filed. I do not feel that the government bail out and bankruptcy should relieve them of the life safety issue these cracked dashes are causing. There is an entire face book page with 3,323 members that have been unable to get GM to replace their dashes. This is completely unacceptable. Someone must have to be killed in an accident before they will issue a recall.

- Vacherie, LA, USA

Jun 012015

Dash around airbag cracked and presents safety hazard from plastic shrapnel if airbag deploys also dash cracks around instrument panel can cause shrapnel to be launched into occupants causing bodily harm. Cracks happen while vehicle stationary

- Rio Rancho, NM, USA

May 012012

Cracked dash driver door lock.

- Oaklanb, TN, USA

Jun 302014

The dashboard developed a crack just above the passenger side airbag. What effect this will have should airbag deploy is unknown.`

- Cordova, TN, USA

Jul 152010

Dashboard cracking from driver side to air bag on passenger side could deflate air bag if deployed dealer and General Motors offered no help and they will repair for $1050

- Lamar, MS, USA

Jul 012015

My front dashboard is cracking in 2 places on both the passenger and drivers side. First noticed while driving on the highway.

- Cordova, TN, USA

Jun 212010

Cracked dashboard on driver and passenger side.could not get help from GMC SUV has been garaged kept. It has 101,000 miles.

- Corinth, MS, USA

Jul 012015

Dash cracking above instrument panel and around passenger airbag. If airbag were to be deployed sharp plastic could inhibit airbag or could injure passenger this is a very widespread issue in all Yukon, Tahoe, Suburban, Silverado and Sierra trucks of the 07-12 model years.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Mar 032015

Dashboard crack behind steering wheel, at bottom/base of the hump. Crack extends from seam toward driver. This vehicle is parked every day and night in our garage.

- Matthews, NC, USA

Jun 022014

The dash cracked in multiple places including around the airbag, over the steering wheel, around the vent and multiple other areas. I had this repaired because I was concerned with the safety. The repair cost $385.

- Charlottesville, VA, USA

Sep 012015

The dash is cracked near the airbag and I am concerned for the safety of my passengers if an accident were to occur.

- Cairo, GA, USA

Sep 022015

While driving heard a snapping sound that came from the windshield area, at first thought it was road debris that hit the windshield but there was no visible damage. Upon returning home I did a more through inspection to find a dash board crack over the passenger side airbag.

- Cameron, NC, USA

Aug 312012

I have had my vehicle for about 4 years now. I haven't had any issues with it up until July of last year (2014). I experienced my car jerking erratically and had to pull over. The car lost speed and could not accelerate. I had taken it to a mechanic who then said I needed a new transmission. I have had the transmission replaced. About 6 months later the jerking started again on and off, no loss of speed and it would only jerk going form first gear to second. I have not worried about it until now because the car would only jerk every so often. Now my traction control and stabilizer service warning message pops up. I have taken it to several places I have been told that I needed a throttle body, ABS module and both are not cheap to fix they all want to charge me $500- $1200 to fix the problem. I began researching and see that the issue I am having may be due to a manufacturing issue. I plan to take it to another mechanic before I start paying for more costly repairs. If for some reason this is a manufacturing issue, these vehicles need to be recalled before a serious accident happens.

- Lexington, KY, USA