2007 GMC Yukon seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 GMC Yukon:

2007 GMC Yukon Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

May 302016

Yukon

Takata recall: Can you give me any insight on when GMC recall 49151, passenger side airbag, will be resolved? I received the notice on August 08, 2016. When I received the notice I inquired with my dealer as to the possible completion date, but he laughed and informed me he had no idea of what I was even talking about. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon, on the recall list. IżM afraid to drive the truck since being notified, and will most certainly not ride anyone in the passenger seat. So, I have a vehicle in my garage that has, for the most part, not been used since I received the notice on August 08, 2016. Any information you can provide about the pending resolution to this recall will be appreciated. HasnżT this gone long enough. Regards, jimmy strubb jstrubb@aol.com

Jun 012016

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) was received in June of 2016. After contacting the dealer and the manufacturer on multiple occasions, the contact was informed that the parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and no estimated time for receiving the parts could be provided. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mexia, TX, USA

Jul 112016

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags). The part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Brooksville, FL, USA

Nov 302016

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Smyrna, DE, USA

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The vehicle remained parked for months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Davidsonville, LA, USA

May 272016

Yukon

Received letter by mail. Have not heard anymore trying to follow up.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Jul 012016

Takata recall

- Suisun City, CA, USA

Jun 242016

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Waxahachie, TX, USA

Yukon

Can you give me any insight on when GMC recall 49151, passenger side airbag, will be resolved" I received the notice on August 08, 2016. When I received the notice I inquired with my dealer as to the possible completion date, but he laughed and informed me he had no idea of what I was even talking about. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon, on the recall list. IżM afraid to drive the truck since being notified, and will most certainly not ride anyone in the passenger seat. So, I have a vehicle in my garage that has, for the most part, not been used since I received the notice on August 08, 2016. Any information you can provide about the pending resolution to this recall will be appreciated. Will nobody hold their feet to the fire to resolve this issue? how many more people must die" come on people!

Oct 132016

Yukon

Sent recall in July now Oct. Know more contact my dealer is no longer there, who will contact me. What happen if they fail don't, trust GM had dealing with them over gas tanks in pick ups they didn't fix anything, but they gave me a rebate on new GM hope they do fix my car this time.

- Chesapeake, VA, USA

Yukon

Takata recall: Can you give me any insight on when GMC recall 49151, passenger side airbag, will be resolved? I received the notice on August 08, 2016. When I received the notice I inquired with my dealer as to the possible completion date, but he laughed and informed me he had no idea of what I was even talking about. I have a 2007 GMC Yukon, on the recall list. IżM afraid to drive the truck since being notified, and will most certainly not ride anyone in the passenger seat. So, I have a vehicle in my garage that has, for the most part, not been used since I received the notice on August 08, 2016. Any information you can provide about the pending resolution to this recall will be appreciated. Regards, jimmy strubb jstrubb@aol.com

Jul 012016

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Portsmouth, VA, USA

Sep 102016

Yukon

Takata recall GM sent out the recall and now my SUV is throwing a error code of service airbag with the airbag light on. They don't want to take responsibility for this code. They want us to spend our money to find out that it's their recall issue. In the recall it states "takata airbag inflators can degrade over time, especially after long term exposure in hot and humid regions. If the propellant degrades to a certain level, the inflators may rupture during deployment, causing serious or fatal injuries." This is a huge concern to my family of 5. GM needs to take complete responsibility for their recall and get it fixed! we asked the GM representative if we get into an accident and the airbag fails to work properly then will GM be responsible? he beat around the bush about it. He then said well try not to get into an accident right now. That is admitting to me that it's unsafe. He wouldn't answer any of our questions. He couldn't tell us when our vehicle could be fixed. He just kept telling us that we needed to spend our money and take it to our dealer to have it checked. We know what the problem is. It sounds to me like they're just trying to take our money.

- Rankin, IL, USA

Sep 072016

Yukon

Takata recall, cracks in the dash that run to the air bags on the dash. The center speaker is mounted to the plastic dash and move with the road vibration which breaks the dash along with the uv radiation that weakens the plastic.. the dash could splinter in a crash and wound or kill a passenger.

- Southaven, MS, USA

Aug 262016

Yukon

Takata recall - contacted sewell GM in dallas about the recall notice I received on the takata airbags, I was told that they did not have parts to repair the airbags until 2018. I placed this call in August 2016.

- Dallas, TX, USA

May 302016

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bellevue, WA, USA

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V383000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Oakland, TN, USA

Aug 102016

- Altus, OK, USA

Jul 262016

Yukon

The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags) however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts unavailable.

- Titusville, FL, USA

Jul 222016

Yukon

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2007 GMC Yukon. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V381000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Cape Coral, FL, USA