2.0

2008 GMC Yukon miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Yukon:

2008 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Nov 142016

Yukon

2008 Yukon 5 cracks across the entire dashboard within 30 days, 3 cracks have formed in 72 hours. One crack appeared while I was at work, in the span of 3 hours. This truck has been regularly maintained and kept in a garage for majority of its life. The cracks are forming so fast that pieces will begin shattering and falling inside. Two cracks have formed next to the passenger side airbag, that has takata inflators- exciting times! my dealership has informed me that GMC will not compensate or assist in remedying this issue- but the dealer will be happy to replace the dash for $1300.

- Oklahoma City, OK, USA

Aug 242016

Yukon

The dashboard is cracked on the passenger side possibly damaging the passenger side airbag. The vehicle was stationary. Came out one morning and it was cracked. Had a friend who had a brand new denali and it happened to his in less than 1 year from purchase.

- Lutz, FL, USA

Oct 022015

Yukon

Dashboard cracked. This is the 2nd incident to this same vehicle. Dash was previous replaced by dealership. Cracks are in the same area as previous cracks

- Kyle, TX, USA

Feb 012010

Yukon

Dash board has cracked above instrument cluster and around passenger airbag

- Beebe, AR, USA

Sep 012015

Yukon

Dash cracking at corner of airbag and large crack over instrument cluster. Vehicle has always been garage kept.

- Tyler, TX, USA

Oct 172015

Yukon

Cracked dash board in several different spots/areas.. a piece has already came out and flew towards my daughters face and bruised her.

- Mobile, AL, USA

Oct 012014

Dash board cracking

- West Memphis, AR, USA

Jan 012014

Yukon

3 large cracks that are the entire length of the dashboard.

- Millington, TN, USA

Oct 152015

Yukon

My dashboard has a crack across it from the driver side all the way to the passenger side. I think this is unsafe and this vehicle is always park.

- Como, MS, USA

Dec 292014

Yukon

GMC dash cracking-- filed complaint with GM and srt special response team member took info and did try to work with local dealership but in the end refused to pay to have the dash replaced. If the vehicle is in an accident and the air bad deploys I'm afraid the flying sub par plastic dash parts will become harmful objects. This is and has been an ongoing issue with Chevy and GMC products. The dash is actually starting to fall apart and causing visual concerns along with noises from broke pieces rubbing other vehicle parts.... if we were to try and sell vehicle this issue would lower the resale value.. we the people helped GM out of there self created problems.. they should help the loyal owners well once loyal---

- Corinth, MS, USA

Nov 232015

Yukon

My 2008 GMC Yukon was parked in my uncovered driveway. I remote started in from inside to the house to warm up the engine. About 2 minutes later, I went outside and got in the truck, placed keys in ignition and turned it over. It got down in the mid-30's last night, so there was a thin layer of frost on all windows. I turned on the front windshield defroster. I did not turn the back one on as the exhaust fumes from the tailpipe were melting the frost on the back window. I had been sitting in the car for approx 3-4 minutes when I heard a very loud boom and glass shattering. I looked back and could see that my back window had exploded. Shards of tempered glass were all over the pavement and inside the back area of the truck.

- Canyon Lake, TX, USA

Oct 032014

Yukon

The dash is cracked right over the odometer driver's side and the dash is cracked by the airbag on the passenger side

- Millington, TN, USA

Sep 042012

Yukon

Dashboard is cracked by passenger side airbag and right on top on driver side steering wheel. This looks like the dashboard could act as shrapnel if deployed injuring all persons in vehicle if either airbag is deployed.

- Ponte Vedra, FL, USA

Jun 052015

Yukon

Vehicle dashboard cracking around passenger side airbag. Concerned over the possibility of the fracture splintering if the airbag were to deploy and puncturing the airbag and/or sending pieces of hard plastic into the face of passenger and/or other occupants.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Apr 152015

Yukon 8-cyl

I have two cracks in the dash one on the drivers side behind the steering wheel and the other leading to the passenger side air bag. This seems to be a common issue with GMC vehicles. I have addressed the issue with GM. To no relief.

- Hickory, NC, USA