2009 GMC Yukon drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 GMC Yukon:

2009 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Oct 232011

I placed the vehicle in park on a level surface, I left the Yukon running and I got out and walked my great niece to a building about 30 feet from the vehicle.. I then turned to see the Yukon backing up on this flat surface, I ran to try and catch it but it hit a building and then came forward at me. I had to jump out of it's way and then chase it down. When I jumped in and hit the brake I then noticed it was in M1. I took it to a local GMC dealer who checked the transmission but reported finding nothing. I am now afraid of this car. How do you know when it will vibrate or jump from park to reverse again. This needs checking into. This Yukon went both backward & forward.

- Mt Enterprise , TX, USA