2010 GMC Yukon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 GMC Yukon:

2010 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jun 072016

I had been rear ended, my daughter took my 2010 Yukon to the local dealer (findlay) on May 12, 2016, she was told accident didn't cause the problem and would need the tire sensor checked at a cost of $500. Yesterday (June 8, 2016) coming home from work, I was turning off the main highway onto a residential street (riverview) as I made the turn the cars ABS brake sensor light went off and so did the light as though I on was on ice, but I was on a paved road and speed was low maybe 10 mph, it went off almost as quickly as it came on. So I proceeded, stop at a 4 way stop sign (riverview and lakeside), when I proceeded on all the door locks started going off and the power and transmission would not engage. I traveled approximately 500 feet before the car engaged and started running. I am trying to find out if this is a common problem and if so are there any resolutions and is anyone else having this problem. In a week I need to travel 200 miles to a doctor and I'm concerned that this is major.

- Bullhead City, AZ, USA

Mar 142015

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that while driving approximately 30 mph, the reduced engine power, stabilitrack, and engine warning lights illuminated. The vehicle was unable to accelerate over 10 mph. The contact coasted over the emergency lane and shut the engine off. The vehicle restarted and the engine warning light was continuously illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer who diagnosed that the throttle body needed to be replaced and an induction cleaning needed to be performed. The dealer also stated that the failure was common on the vehicle. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 32,730.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Jan 222014

Yukon 8-cyl

I was getting ready to pull out of my driveway and bring my child to preschool when I noticed there wasn't power when I stepped on the gas. Reduced engine power is what I read on my dashboard!!!! I returned to my garage because I was unable to drive him to school. I am very upset!! this looks as if it's an ongoing problem with GMC. I made an appointment to have my vehicle looked at, and I am waiting to find out more about this issue. I will be just as upset if there is a large out of pocket cost. This should be recalled, there are so many others with this same problem, I was just fortunate to be home.

- Terryville, CT, USA

Nov 242012

The contact owns a 2010 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that while driving 5 mph, the vehicle stalled without warning. The contact took the vehicle to the dealer for diagnostic testing where the contact was advised that the ECM was defective. The dealer replaced the ECM but the repair did not remedy the issue. The manufacturer sent the contact a special order repair for the throttle body due to reduced engine power. The contact called the manufacturer regarding the stalling issue however, the manufacturer refused to accept that the vehicle was stalling. The dealer replaced the throttle control. The failure mileage was 30,000.

- Herndon, VA, USA