3.2

2011 GMC Yukon body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Yukon:

2011 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jan 222016

Yukon

2 cracks in the dashboard. One crack is leading to the passenger side airbag - causing a safety risk.

- Frisco, TX, USA

Aug 232015

Yukon

The dash cover is cracking and is broken. This is happening close to the passenger airbag. I'm just waiting for the airbag to explode while I am driving. This is so unsafe!! my kids are in danger.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Sep 012015

Yukon

I'm a 2011gmc Yukon owner that has a cracked dash that in only a matter of time is going to affect the air bag. When I reached out to GMC, they told that I would have to wait for an accident to happen before they would look into the problem.

- Cumming, GA, USA

Jun 232016

Yukon

Our dashboard cracked on a 3 year old car - the local dealer "repaired" it and the repair lasted all of a day. The crack got progressively bigger and GM refused to cover any of the cost to replace, telling us our only option was to replace the entire dash at a cost of over $1200. We have had it patched by a local repair place who did a better job than the dealer, but the dash still vibrates to the point of shaking and the patch is now coming apart again. The actual crack is now over a 1/2" big. We are worried about the airbags deploying and the sharp plastic causing serious injury.

- Powell, TN, USA

Mar 082016

Yukon

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the dashboard was cracked approximately eight inches above the instrument panel. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 36,000.

- Panama City Beach, FL, USA

Jan 222016

Yukon

The dashboard is cracking on both the driver and passenger side. The crack in the passenger side goes right to where the airbag is.

- Sedalia, MO, USA

Jan 072015

Yukon

The dashboard has progressively being cracking for over a year. It has now become very bad in two areas. Above the airbag on the passengers side and all around the housing above the odometers there are several long cracks. I am very concerned that the spreading rate will increase with pieces possibly creaking off and should an accident occur that shard's of plastic could injury passengers or my children. I have contact GMC and they have told me that they do not see any problem and that they would not address this situation. After reviewing the internet thoroughly it is very apparent that there is a defect problem and they do not wish to address. I am more than disappointed that GMC do not take this matter seriously.

- Arlington, TN, USA

Aug 052014

Dash board is cracking.

- Collierville, TN, USA

Oct 252015

Yukon

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the dashboard had fractures over the passenger side air bag housing. The contact also stated that the center of the dashboard had fractures and separated near the defroster. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the entire dashboard needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 39,500.

- Charlotte, NC, USA

Feb 262014

Yukon

The contact owns a 2011 GMC Yukon. The contact stated that the dashboard developed large cracks that exposed the air bags. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Dripping Springs, TX, USA