2.4

2011 GMC Yukon engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 GMC Yukon:

2011 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Jan 032013

Yukon 8-cyl

The truck was parked and running. It suddenly began to idle as if someone was pushing down on the gas. I immediately shut the car off. I turned it back on and the engine light was on and it read "reduced engine power". it seemed to drive ok. I called dealership and made apt for Tuesday. (it was Thursday) the next day I drove it to local garage to read engine code. It was P2135. The truck then stopped accelerating. It would not go over 25mph. It took about 2 full min to get it at that speed. When I would break, the truck would jump as if did not want to stop. The dealership diagnosed the problem as the throttle position sensor cover. I was informed that GMC is aware that there is a problem and has since corrected it. However, there is no recall as there is no alleged safety issues. I believe that when you have a 1,2, and 3 year old in the truck in rush hour, it is dark outside, and you are an hour away from home it is a huge safety issue when your truck won't accelerate! I have contacted GMC who refuses to take responsibility for this issue. Please issue a recall as this is a known problem.

- Medway, MA, USA