2015 GMC Yukon accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 GMC Yukon:

2015 GMC Yukon Owner Comments

Apr 182016

Driver's seat was not heating on the bottom cushion, only the back was heating up. Took to dealership and after the second time complaining they found a fault in the sensor and replaced. Then the back of the seat quit heating. Same problem - heating sensor kept shorting. Very concern about shorts and faulty circuits. Complained to GMC on facebook and got the typical "so sorry" and "we're in contact with the dealer". I had to complain multiple times since December 2015 about poor heating before they would listen.

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Apr 022015

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

I have a 2015 Yukon denali and I was driving 65 on the highway and the engine shut down completely. A warning message said engine power failure. I had 4 cars and an 18 wheeler behind me at the time. I managed to put the vehicle in neutral and coast to the side of the road onto a median. It was towed to the dealership where they started trying say it might have been bad gas. Then I was told I cracked valve and they already had one other just like this, then 1 day later after a tech level 2 and a shop forum looked at it, and a conversation with a GM pac rep, GM approved a complete engine replacement! I was shocked. I've had the same 4-wheel drive issues everyone else has. I've also had A/C problems, steer wheel popping noises, sunroof loud wind noises. My seat shifts when I drive it. The A/C seats don't cool properly, which I found out when they put me in a loaner Yukon that worked fine. The speedometer gauge also didn't work for 2 days, which I have a picture of and received a warning ticket for when I was pulled over by an officer not knowing what speed I was going. I passenger step guard doesn't always retract properly. My unit was purchase May 2014 and was one of the first 4 X 4 units that was produced and has had constant problems. GM keeps denying a buyback, then no trade assistance, then now has offered an extended warranty. This particular vehicle I have is not safe for my family to be riding in. I can't trade it in or sell it to anyone else knowing the problems it has. The dealer won't even take it because they know the problem that they are dealing with.

- Spring Branch, TX, USA

Dec 182014

Yukon 4WD 8-cyl

The heated seats do not heat up. The car was in the shop for this problem within the 1st 1000K miles. They told me to "be patient" and they'll get warm. The car has been in the shop a total of 7 days for the seats not working and I have yet to get it resolved. Emailed the CEO of GM and got a phone call from a person who stated GM considers the seats are working although they don't work most of the time and when they do get some sort of heat (the shop told me they got one seat to heat up to 87 degrees! wow!) it is intermittent and uneven. The seats haven't worked at all in the last 3 weeks and the average temp hasn't been above 32 degrees. I spent a fortune for this car and I can't get anyone at the dealership nor in detroit to acknowledge this car is a lemon or they have a design flaw since they switched to blowers from heated coils. I am supposing the A/C in the seats won't work when it's 100 outside and I'll be told to be patient again. I've asked for my $$ back and I'll return the car. It's got 4,200K mi and I am so done with this lemon bucket.

- Monroe, CT, USA