2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid:

2008 GMC Yukon Hybrid Owner Comments

May 012015

Yukon Hybrid

Sometimes when I come to a stop my vehicle goes into the autostop mode, but when I go to accelerate it just dies in the middle of the intersection with the gas engine not engaging and the electric mode not moving the vehicle then it jerks really hard. The check engine light comes on and stays on for about a day and then goes off on it's own. I have taken the vehicle to mulitple GMC dealerships numerous times and paided out for repairs that did not solve the problem. The dealership claims to not be able to find any codes even with the check engine light on. I have been close to being hit from the back on at least 3 occasions because the vehicle initially moves slowly before jerking and stalling and almost broad sided on more than 3 occasions when pulling out of a stop sign into traffic. I am aware others are experiencing similar problems can we get help because obviously the dealership isn't concerned with our safety. I have recently been refused the opportunity the have a GM regional rep meet me at a local dealership to review the issue.

- Simpsonville, SC, USA

Jun 302015

Yukon Hybrid

Driving 45 exiting the freeway when warning engine light come son " engine power reduced" and dropped the car to 1mph almost causing an accident. I would press on the gas pedal and there was no power it had me stalled on the off ramp exit during busy morning traffic. After 10 minutes of being stalled and attempting to give the gas pedal it finally moved for me to get over out of the way. The engine light is still on. Very dangerous luckily no accident and I didnt have my kids in the car.

- San Diego , CA, USA

Apr 182013

Yukon Hybrid

The contact owns a 2008 GMC Yukon hybrid. The contact stated that while driving 65 mph, the engine stalled without warning. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for inspection and they stated that they could not duplicate the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Cranford, NJ, USA