5.3

1990 Honda Accord transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1990 Honda Accord:

1990 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Dec 012009

Accord LX 2.2L

When shifting car into park the light sometimes does not come on so I am unable to take the key out of the ignition.. very annoying have to wiggle/jiggle for a few minutes sometimes.. also when going into reverse the light doesn't come on so it takes a second for back up lights and for the car to go into gear itself.. however just took it to Mission Valley Honda and all the mechanics were going off on the car for the year and low mileage and say the car runs like a champ no maintenance issues PERIOD!.. Go figure.

- , San Diego, CA, USA

Apr 302008

Accord

Well my problem is actually with the shifting gears. I get in my car and drive a short distance, then when I get out I shift into park and the park light doesn't come on. If the parking light doesn't come on you can't take out the key. So I have to sit there and wiggle the gear shift for awhile until the light comes on.. Sometimes i have to sit out there for 15mins doing this, depending on how cold it is (more it's cold, more it's long). I don't know what to do about this problem.

- , St-Pacome, QC, Canada

Dec 082002

Accord

Well my problem is actually with the shifting gears. I get in my car and drive a short distance, then when I get out I shift into park and the park light doesn't come on. If the parking light doesn't come on you can't take out the key. So I have to sit there and wiggle the gear shift for awhile until the light comes on.. Sometimes i have to sit out there for 15mins doing this, depending on how cold it is. I don't know what to do about this problem.. Can you help me?

- , 4074 N 49st, WI, USA