8.0

1996 Honda Accord brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 1996 Honda Accord:

1996 Honda Accord Owner Comments

Jul 032010

Accord

The brakes gave me no warning that they were bad until I could feel metal grinding metal. The mechanic said the rotors had to be replaced as well as the pads. he quoted me 275 dollars. He then called me and told me he had to charge me an extra 200 dollars because, "some of these Hondas the rotors are put on there funny and it takes a lot more work to get them off and on". What the heck???? Why would Honda do this? Or is my mechanic cheating me?

- , Gahanna, OH, USA