- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 30 days ago
- November 2: Automakers Must Pay For Airbag Repairs if Takata Goes Bankrupt news | 32 days ago
- October 21: Honda Civic Driver Killed by Exploding Takata Airbag news | 44 days ago
- October 13: Honda Recalls 350,000 Civics to Fix Parking Brakes recalls | 52 days ago
- October 3: Honda 'Disappointed and Troubled' by Takata's Behavior news | 62 days ago
1997 Honda Accord
accessories - interior Problems
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
Worst 1997 Accord accessories - interior Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- NHTSA: Seats2
- NHTSA: Child Seat: Tether (Strap) 1
- NHTSA: Communications: Horn Assembly1
- NHTSA: Equipment1
- NHTSA: Equipment Adaptive1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Mechanical: Jacks1
- NHTSA: Equipment: Other: Owners/Service/Other Manual 1
- NHTSA: Interior Lighting1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Power Adjust1
- NHTSA: Seats: Front Assembly: Recliner1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.