- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 9 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 20 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 46 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 76 days ago
Clear Coat Separating From Paint
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 104,071 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 14 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (7 reports)
- honda dealer refused to fix (5 reports)
- repaint (2 reports)
body / paint problem