- January 10: Honda Recalls Nearly 1.3 Million Vehicles to Fix Takata Airbags recalls | 43 days ago
- December 30: 2017 Honda Ridgeline Recalled Over Electrical Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- December 30: Honda Recalls 641,000 Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Problems recalls | 54 days ago
- December 4: Honda Goes Door-to-Door to Get Takata Airbags Fixed news | 80 days ago
1997 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: 1997 is the last model year in the 5th generation of Accord. Which means it's also the last model year before problems like widespread transmission failure, subframe rust and peeling paint took over.
Does the 1997 have problems? Sure it does. Any car this old will. Some owners say their engine started to cut out around 147,000 miles. That's still not bad, and getting to 200,000+ miles isn't out of the question.
Does anyone believe a newer Accord will reach 200,000 miles?
Worst 1997 Accord electrical Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- short in wiring3
- alarm keeps going off1
- horn blowing, wires under dashboard burned up1
- horn starts blowing while driving1
- O2 sensor failed1
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Switch32
- NHTSA: Electrical System25
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition16
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring4
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Front Underhood4
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Fuses And Circuit Breakers3
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Anti-Theft Controller2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Ignition: Module2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Wiring: Interior/Under Dash2
- NHTSA: Electrical System: Battery: Cables1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1997 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.