- August 14: Honda Recalls Civic To Fix Side LED Lights recalls | 16 days ago
- August 7: What Can Happen While Waiting For Takata Airbag Repairs? news | 23 days ago
- July 19: Takata Has Been Lying (To Everyone) Since At Least 2000 news | 42 days ago
- July 16: Patricia Mincey Takata Airbag Lawsuit Settled news | 45 days ago
- July 7: Honda and Acura Vehicles Recalled to Replace Gas Tanks recalls | 54 days ago
Car Runs Hot
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 154,000 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 2 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (1 reports)
- replaced fan motor under dash (1 reports)
cooling system problem