- April 13: Patricia Mincey: Possibly the 11th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 19 days ago
- April 9: Honda Recalls Accord to Fix Passenger Airbag Problems recalls | 23 days ago
- April 6: Huma Hanif: 10th U.S. Takata Airbag Death news | 26 days ago
- March 3: Adding Car Options and Employee Overtime Cause Recalls news | 60 days ago
- March 1: Continental Airbag Lawsuit Filed After Massive Recall news | 62 days ago
Engine Stalls/Shuts Off While Driving
1998 Honda Accord (Page 1 of 2)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 158,189 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 29 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (23 reports)
- recall on ignition switch (2 reports)
- had to replaced the fuel board /relay because it over heated (1 reports)
- new ground wires worked (1 reports)
- relay main system (1 reports)
- replace distributor cap and spark plugs (1 reports)