- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 2 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 4 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 7 days ago
- July 11: Honda Confirms Another Takata-Related Death news | 10 days ago
- July 8: Honda Recalls Odyssey Minivans to Fix Seat Belts recalls | 13 days ago
1998 Honda Accord
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
Worst 1998 Accord suspension Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- excessive noise on rough roads2
- ongoing lower, upper ball joint breakage1
- sway bar link failure1
- NHTSA: Suspension28
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front12
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm: Lower Ball Joint9
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear3
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Wheel Bearing 2
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Control Arm1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Shock Absorber1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Front: Springs: Torsion Bar1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Multiple Axle1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Multiple Axle: Torque Arm1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Shock Absorber1
- NHTSA: Suspension: Rear: Springs: Leaf Spring Assembly1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Honda Accord Model Years
Curious how the 1998 Accord compares to other years?
Check out our Honda Accord overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Accord.