- June 18: Takata and Honda Get Some Airbag Claims Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- June 2: Takata Says It Didn't Make Airbag Named in Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- May 30: Honda Starter Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 32 days ago
- May 18: Honda Recalls CR-V Engines With the Wrong Pistons recalls | 42 days ago
Slips When Shifting Between Gears
1998 Honda Accord (Page 2 of 4)
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 121,626 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 61 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (32 reports)
- replace transmission (16 reports)
- have transmission rebuilt (10 reports)
- sell the car (2 reports)
- take off slower (1 reports)