- July 30: Australia and Florida Deaths Tied to Takata Airbags news | 22 days ago
- July 28: Honda CR-V Recalled To Prevent Fires From Fuel Leaks recalls | 24 days ago
- July 19: Honda Accord and Crosstour Starter Motor Lawsuit Filed news | 33 days ago
- July 17: Honda Recalls CR-V to Fix Passenger Frontal Airbags recalls | 35 days ago
- July 14: Honda Recalls 1.15 Million Accords After Engine Compartment Fires recalls | 38 days ago
1998 Honda Accord (Page 4 of 4)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Honda dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 119,872 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 76 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- pay to have the transmission replaced (36 reports)
- replace transmission (19 reports)
- not sure (13 reports)
- replace the car w/different year (5 reports)
- prayer (3 reports)