- April 28: Honda Has a Fit With Their Honda Fit Sport
- April 21: Honda Recalls 204,000 Vehicles That Could Roll Away
- May 7: UPDATED: Over 3 Million Vehicles Recalled For Explosive Air Bags
- April 11: Honda Recalls 561,000 Vehicles Over Knockout Air Bags
- March 15: Honda Recalls 182,000 Vehicles That Slam on the Brakes When You Don't
- February 25: Feds Increase Investigation of 2005 Honda Pilot
Transmission Leaking Fluid
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 1998 Honda Accord suffers from widespread transmission failure, peeling paint, & subframe rust. We recommend avoiding this model year like the plague.
The transmission begins slipping & eventually has to be replaced, typically soon after 100,000 miles & with a repair cost of over $2,000.
Peeling paint has also been a huge issue for these Accords. Most of the complaints are with darker paint colors -- especially green & blue.
Subframe rust near the front passenger side wheel has become a problem recently, due to the poorly positioned A/C drain hose directly above that area. Repair cost to the subframe is over $2,000.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- No data
- Average Mileage:
- 104,817 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 3 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (2 reports)
- new transmission (1 reports)